- College of Cardinals to elect the Pope
- Pope that you supported can give you money, free invasions/excommunications/divorces
- You can request Crusades!
- Opinion maluses for each request to Pope
- Exclusive to Catholics and Fraticelli
- Two new Catholic orders (Calatrava and Santiago)
- Everybody gets holy order (Immortals confirmed for Zoroastrians)
- Characters from court will join (like Varangians)
- You can borrow from them (like historical Templars were bankers)
- 300+ new ones
- Some are patch, some are DLC
- Patch: events that start Crusades/Jihads/etc
- Flavor events for Abrahamic faiths
- Pilgrimages to holy places for Catholics
- Play as a Jewish lord and restore the kingdom of Israel
- Pick sides in Islam as a rationalist or an opposing
- Retire troublesome courtiers to a monastery as or
|Title and Link
|The College of Cardinals
|Covers the introduction of the College of Cardinals.
|Holy Orders, Heresies and More
|Discusses new mechanics for holy orders and heresies, as well as new decisions for Muslim rulers.
|Jews, Pilgrims and Events
|Discusses the new Jewish religion and the pilgrim decision and events.
|Discusses the free changes in the 2.0 patch.
|One Feature a Week
|Mini-feature teasers in the days leading to the Sons of Abraham release.
|Post Mortem Dev Diary
|Discusses the Son of Abraham DLC post-release.