- 破碎世界和随机世界：Start your game on a fictional map of Europe as a small realm fighting for space, or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore.
- 战士公会：Join a Pagan warrior lodge and raid your way up the ranks, unlocking access to powerful allies and greater military skill.
- 传奇血脉：Descendants of great warrior heroes will have bonuses that match the accomplishments of their forefathers, including historical bloodlines of Charlemagne, Genghis Khan and others..
- 拉拢或对抗你附近的人：Try to win a reluctant vassal through charm and persuasion, or provoke someone you want to push into conflict.
- 圣人：Pious Christians can become canonized, passing on their glory to their descendants and making their resting place a site of great value.
- 加冕：Feudal catholic/fraticelli kings and emperors must find clergy to crown them, since all power descends from the heavens.
- 新的十字军事件：Deeper gameplay for the religious wars of the era.
- 新的继承法：A Pagan Elder Council may have the final word in how a realm is divided among heirs, or a ruler may challenge his brother to combat to unify a realm.
- 希腊多神教可供游玩：A ruler can revive the dead ancient Greco-Roman religion when meeting some strict requirements.
- 还有更多：Changes to religion, custom names for people or objects, deeper baptismal mechanics, lists of people you’ve killed, and other small changes for flavor and variety.
- Map and setup improvements (including Tartaria, Russia, Scandinavia, the Wendish Empire, the HRE, Italy, Francia, Britannia, Hispania, the Byzantine Empire minus Bulgaria, Wallachia, Mali, Abyssinia, and North Africa).
- New game rule, reducing "border gore" if enabled.
- Reworked Crusade mechanics for Catholics and Fraticelli.
- Reworked character view interface.
- Added flavor events around lifestyle and battles
- Reworked elective succession laws. New princely elective for the Holy Roman Empire (replaces Feudal Elective) and imperial elective for the Byzantine Empire (only succession law) succession laws
- New imperial government for the Byzantine and Roman empires
- Rebalancing of the personal combat rating system
- to be added.
- Holy Fury patch was initially targeted as "patch 2.9", as visible in some documentation in game files.
- The project lead had to sell a 1 full year development cycle to the product manager, probably the biggest development time for any Paradox expansion so far.
All developer diaries about Holy Fury and patch 3.0.
||Title and Link
||Polishing up the Map
||Slowly working through some of the more neglected areas of the map and increasing the granularity of the playing field.
||Beautifying the Baltics
||Map and setup changes in the Baltic regions.
||Improvements to the map and setup changes in the Finnish region.
||Cleaning up the Map
||New game rule about the succession of exclaves
||God Wills It!
||A rework of the Crusade mechanics.
||Map changes to the Russian Region.
||Legacy of Legends
||Bloodlines features displayed.
||Character View Redux
||Rework of the Character View Interface
||Keeping a list of one's kills
||A Faith In My Own Image
||Dynamic pagan reformation -- tailor the new religion to suit your needs.
||Mass Conversion, or how I learned to stop my Pagan ways and love God
||An easy way to convert, but with varying results.
||Updated maps for the Scandinavian nations
||Altering the Alps and Idealizing Italy
||Reworked map of North & Central Italy, Bavaria, parts of Burgundy
||Orders of Magnitude
||Changes to Holy Orders, part of incoming free patch
||Fixing an existing crusade event chain and adding new ones
||Conquest and Reconquest
||The crusades of the Baltics and the Iberian Peninsula
||Map changes in Africa
||Maybe I *should* diet…
||Fat and malnourished traits, reflected by character portrait
||Pagan Pals - Warrior Lodges
||Warrior lodge societies explained
||Catholicism what? Constantinople where? Charlemagne who?
||Shattered World and Random World systems
||Do you like me yet?
||Swaying and Antagonizing
||Come Fight Me
||New duel and battlefield events, and scarring and tattoos
||Saints and Ancestors
||Saints, their potential Pagan counterparts, and how they will work in Holy Fury
||About that one dead religion...
||Hellenism (Zeus Vult!)
||Long live the King!
||Catholic Coronation Ceremonies
||Forging a Bloodline
||Clergy Interactions Revamp
||Improved interaction with the Papacy
||New Succession Laws Extravaganza
||Imperial government, new succession types and revamped nominee system
||New flavor events for baptism and pregnant women, and reformed pagan doctrine flavor
||Achievements & Appearances
||Summary of new achievements and character portraits
||We Released the Fury
||Continuing to work on small improvements for the game before the winter vacation.
||It's not a bug
||The team shares their encounters with amusing bugs during the development of Holy Fury
||Early Patch Notes for 3.0.1
||Early peek at the bug-fix patch notes
||Until Next Year
||Closing this year with a teaser picture for the next year
||News of updates to come and the current line-up of the team
||Teaser about Wonders in next patch
||Basic explanation on new Wonders