这个页面列举了一些有趣的角色 ，并将指出这些角色为什么具有挑战性、有趣或简单。一些金色名字角色在每周挑战 (GOTW)登场了。这通常表明这些角色有梗。
- 1 特色统治者
- 2 王道征途
- 3 基督教封建领主
- 3.1 天主教
- 3.1.1 亚该亚公国
- 3.1.2 安纳托利亚王国（包括其下独立的诸公国）
- 3.1.3 安条克公国
- 3.1.4 阿基坦王国
- 3.1.5 阿拉贡王国
- 3.1.6 Arles, Kingdom of
- 3.1.7 巴塞罗那公国
- 3.1.8 布列塔尼公国
- 3.1.9 卡斯蒂利亚王国
- 3.1.10 克罗地亚王国
- 3.1.11 丹麦王国
- 3.1.12 杜克利亚公国
- 3.1.13 埃德萨公国
- 3.1.14 英格兰王国
- 3.1.15 法兰西王国
- 3.1.16 加利西亚王国
- 3.1.17 加洛韦伯爵领
- 3.1.18 神圣罗马帝国
- 3.1.19 匈牙利王国
- 3.1.20 冰岛公国
- 3.1.21 爱尔兰王国
- 3.1.22 西部群岛公国
- 3.1.23 意大利王国
- 3.1.24 卡林西亚王国
- 3.1.25 耶路撒冷王国
- 3.1.26 拉丁帝国
- 3.1.27 莱昂王国
- 3.1.28 吕贝克伯爵领
- 3.1.29 纳瓦拉王国
- 3.1.30 Northumbria, Kingdom of
- 3.1.31 挪威王国
- 3.1.32 诺曼底公国（包括威廉和他的封臣，但没有在诺曼底的其他的法国封臣）
- 3.1.33 教廷属邦
- 3.1.34 波兰王国
- 3.1.35 波洛茨克公国
- 3.1.36 波美拉尼亚公国
- 3.1.37 普罗旺斯公国
- 3.1.38 苏格兰王国
- 3.1.39 西西里王国（包括阿普利亚、西西里、那波利、卡普阿、萨莱诺）
- 3.1.40 瑞典王国
- 3.1.41 的黎波里伯爵领
- 3.1.42 瓦伦西亚伯爵领
- 3.1.43 威尔士王国（包括圭内思、德赫巴思、格拉摩根、格温特）
- 3.2 天主教异端
- 3.3 东正教
- 3.4 东正教异端
- 3.5 聂斯脱里派
- 3.6 聂斯脱里派异端
- 3.7 基督合性派
- 3.8 基督合性派异端
- 3.1 天主教
- 4 穆斯林领主
- 4.1 逊尼派
- 4.2 逊尼派异端
- 4.3 什叶派
- 4.4 什叶派异端
- 4.5 伊巴德派
- 4.6 伊巴德派异端
- 5 原始宗教领主
- 5.1 日耳曼多神教
- 5.2 洛姆瓦教
- 5.3 斯拉夫多神教
- 5.4 索米多神教
- 5.5 长生天
- 5.6 非洲泛灵教
- 5.7 尊日神教
- 6 马兹达教领主
- 7 犹太教领主
- 8 东方宗教领主
- 9 诸商业共和国
- 10 无领地角色
- 11 注释
|于格 德 吕西尼昂(Hugues de Lusignan), 吕西尼昂伯爵||1066||作为吕西尼昂的恶魔加入十字军！||无|
|约翰“瞎子”(Johann 'the Blind'), 波希米亚国王||1337||成为波希米亚的盲勇士！||无|
|阿尔瓦 萨利赫(Arwa Sulayhid), 也门苏丹娜||1074||在她的一生中发现真主的旨意！||无|
|立陶宛的明道加斯(Mindaugas of Lithuania), 立陶宛大酋长||1236||解开这位王者的奥秘！||无|
|查理 德 安茹(Charles de Anjou), 匈牙利国王||1307||为匈牙利王国带来繁荣！||无|
|阿斯图里亚斯的马乌雷加托(Mauregatus of Asturias), 阿斯托加伯爵||769||如历史上一般夺取王位并守住它，避免落入其他贵族之手！||无|
|博埃蒙 德 欧特维尔(Bohemond d'Hauteville), 安条克亲王||1098||机会如同秋雨般落到了这位统治者身上！||
|佩德罗尼拉 希梅纳(Petronilla Jimena), 阿拉贡女王||1157||年轻的统治者，希梅纳王朝最后的希望，她能延续王朝吗？||
|伟大者利韦林(Llywelyn the Great), 圭内斯国王||1195||建立一个独立的威尔士王国并在未来继续掌控她！||
|努诺(Nuno), 波尔图公爵||1066||成为一位国王... 只要不要中道崩殂！||
在2019年10月20日, 作为 3.3 补丁 的一部分 ,以之前的"特色挑战者"项目为基础开放君主之旅这一机制。
- 巫师胡, 10 奖励点数 精研神秘，无闲剃须
- 侍童头, 20 奖励点数 全宇宙最强发型
- 长兜帽, 30 奖励点数 中世纪最时尚的帽子
- 小丑帽, 40 奖励点数 为了最大程度笑料的完美设计
- 锥形的埃宁帽, 55 奖励点数 适合公主的帽子
- 中世纪鲻鱼头, 70 奖励点数 这种发型永远不会过时
- 染坊主, 90 奖励点数 这个时代最多彩的头发
- 圣女贞德, 110 奖励点数 周围最热门的发型
|孔南Ⅱ (Konan II de Rennes)，布列塔尼小型国王||1066||布列塔尼公爵孔南 II正如履薄冰地确保着他对这片土地的统治。 他自幼丧父时就经受着家族内外对他统治的考验。 他的叔叔曾图谋篡位，不过很快就被关押了起来。 即位后， 他还得面对征服者威廉的威胁， 在入侵安茹时孔南 II被怀疑是吞食了手套上残留的毒药而死||
|勒韦林「伟大者」(Llywelyn the Great), 圭内思小型国王||1195||King of Gwynedd, Llywelyn ap Iorwerth, would unify Wales through great war strategy and diplomacy with the kings of England and the princes of Wales. He had troubles with marcher lords, often finding himself fighting in border disputes, while also forming many alliances with rulers in the Marches. In 1234, he brought peace to Wales which remained until his death in 1240.||
|萨阿德-莫迪凯 (Saad Mordechai), 道剌大酋长(巴格达大酋长)||1289||During his lifetime, Sa'ad al-Dawla would be the bridge that supported Jewish peace and prosperity in Baghdad. His reputation and knowledge as a physician would give him the chance to cure Arghun Khan of an aliment, forming a great trusting friendship and allowing Sa'ad to secure a safe haven for Jews to live. His position and relationships with Arghun, and the fact that he was Jewish would cause much hatred from Mongolians who wanted to corrupt the flow of finances, and Muslims who did not enjoy the idea of having a Jew in a position of power over them.||
|君士坦丁Ⅱ (Konstantinos II), 萨摩斯将军||1108||Konstantinos Angelos was a man of exceeding beauty and bravery, who came from a small aristocratic family. He would marry Theodora Komnene, daughter of Emperor Alexios I Komnenos and be granted the title of sebastohypertatos, a high Byzantine dignity. He would start the Angelos dynasty, which would disastrously rule the Byzantine Empire in 1185-1204, crippling the empire and eventually leading to its deconstruction.||
|路易Ⅱ「结巴」(Louis II the Stammerer), 阿基坦国王||867||Louis II of Aquitaine was a ruler famous, and named so, for his physical weaknessess. He was crowned twice, the second time by Pope John VIII, after succeeding his father's rule of West Francia. Three of his sons would become kings of West Francia, the last of which would be known as Charles III the Simple, with a reputation of being straightforward.|
|Shajar al-Durr, 埃及女王||1250||The second Muslim woman in history to become a monarch. Queen Shajar al-Durr of Egypt would enjoy only a short time as ruler. She would be the first of the Mamluk Sultanate, a realm that would last until 1517. There would be a brutal end to her reign, being captured for her involvement in the murder of Sultan Aybak and later beaten to death by the bondmaids of Al-Mansur Ali.||
|Paul (Pavao) I Šubić, Duke of Croatia||1278||Duke Pavao of Croatia, the most impressive member of the Šubić house conquered Bosnia and declared himself overlord, rulling over Croatia and Dalmatia and parts of Serbia. He declared peace with Venice and his political actions would later see Charles I become the king of Hungary.||
|Arwa Sulayhid, Sultana of Yemen||1074||Arwa al-Sulayhi, Sultana of the Sulayhid Sultanate referred to as the Noble Lady, was the first woman to be given the title of hujja, the closest living image of God's will in her lifetime. She reigned over Yemen for 68 years, improving economy, building schools and mosques.||
|Harald IV Hårdråde, King of Norway||1066||Harald Hårdråde, King of Norway spent a great period of his life fighting battles, joining his first in 1030, the Battle of Stiklestad at the age of 15. Exiled for the loss, he was sent to Kievan Rus where he eventually became captain in the army of Yaroslav the Wise and later commander of the Byzantine Varangian Guard. He would eventually claim England but lose his life in battle of Stamford Bridge, starting the end of the Viking Age.||
|Hethum, King of Armenia||1226||In marrying Isabella of Armenia, Hethum I would become king of Armenia in 1226. He founded the Hethumids, the last native Armenian dynasty. Hethum is famous for his relations with the Mongols in which he travelled great distances to offer gifts in the face of the rapidly expanding Mongol Empire.||
- 玛蒂尔德 德 阿韦讷(Matilda d'Avesnes)，亚该亚女亲王（游戏中为女公爵），1316.8.2：她只有23岁，但在你开始游戏的时候，她已经两次丧偶。有趣的事实在于：她来自弗兰德斯。
- 罗素 德 巴约勒(Roussel de Bailleul)，哈尔希安公爵，1071.8.26：一位服务于拜占庭军队的诺曼佣兵队长，在曼齐刻尔特之战的灾难后于安纳托利亚建立了一个短命的独立公国。试着去创造一个独立而持续的天主教安纳托利亚王国来改写历史吧。
- 雷诺 德 沙蒂永(Reynald de Châtillon)，安条克公爵，1153-1160：在历史上，他是个为领地而结婚、为钱财拷打主教、为利益破坏和约的机会主义者。他是穆斯林和十字军国家之间和平共处的主要绊脚石之一。在哈丁战役中被俘获后，雷诺因他的“恶毒罪行与背信弃义”而遭到斥责，并被萨拉丁亲自斩首。在游戏里，雷诺处于困境之中。雷诺是个外交属性为零点、七宗罪中有四宗的优秀战术家（除此之外还有奸诈属性！）。他控制了安条克公国三块伯爵领中的两块，第三块则归可怕的阿萨辛派掌管。雷诺从未向拜占庭人宣誓效忠，他也被证明是耶路撒冷的一个不安分的附庸。但若你不向某人宣誓效忠，那就等着被圣战至灭亡吧。
- 路易二世“结巴” 加洛林(Louis II 'the Stammerer' Karling)，阿基坦国王，867：你开局被北边的西法兰克、东边的洛塔林吉亚、东南的意大利、就在南边山对面的穆斯林以及西南边需要帮助的阿斯图里亚斯所环绕。好像这还不够糟糕似的、你的公爵们并不是你的支持者，而且你在有两个儿子的同时采用均分继承法。仅仅是安定内部且保持独立就将十分困难，但你也可以继承西法兰克王国并最终统一法兰西。在那之后你将会专注于何种目标？驱逐摩尔人？尝试溯源地超越拿破仑？谁知道呢？
- 豪梅 德 巴塞罗那(Jaume de Barcelona)，征服者，阿拉贡国王兼巴塞罗那伯爵，1213.9.14-1276：阿拉贡国王佩雷二世的独子。在他的父亲死于抵抗天主教针对清洁派十字军对奥克地区的进攻后，他年幼便继承了一个刚刚失去了主要政治势力范围的王国。在1212年基督教派于纳瓦斯 德 托洛萨取得胜利后，豪梅被迫将注意力集中在一个可实现但曾经没有过的目标上。60多年的执政期间，他和匈牙利的薇奥兰特结婚，征服瓦伦西亚王国和马略卡王国（游戏中是公国），结束了阿拉贡王国的征服，允许他的继承人们将势力范围扩展到地中海西部的其他地区，主要是西西里、那不勒斯和撒丁，也包括希腊。
- 桑乔一世 希梅纳(Sancho I Jimena)，阿拉贡国王，1066.9.15：比利牛斯山的一个省份的王国，你对伊比利亚半岛东部所拥有的广泛法理宣称提供了扩展的极好机会，而且不会捅了南边安达卢西亚穆斯林的马蜂窝。不过，你必须小心选择你的战斗；邻近的萨拉戈萨埃米尔国和巴塞罗那公国都比你强大，但希梅纳王国也在看着你的后背。如果你能占领半岛，整个世界都是你的。
- 阿方索二世 德 巴塞罗那(Alfonso II de Barcelona)，阿拉贡国王，1174.10.16：最终，内斗争吵的希梅纳家族被遏制到了纳瓦拉剩余地区内，但他们的遗产继续毒害着伊比利亚天主教的团结。葡萄牙，卡斯蒂利亚和阿拉贡甚至分别对抗统一的穆瓦希德哈里发国（游戏中是苏丹国）。巴塞罗那家族被强大势力环绕且朋友寥寥。但你是吟游诗人阿方索。如此华丽的名字需要领地来相配。也许贡德尔也应该对阿拉贡效忠……
- 阿拉贡的佩德罗尼拉女王(Queen Petronila of Aragon)，阿拉贡女王，1157.8.16：她是希梅纳家族在阿拉贡的最后一位统治者，24岁且已婚（和巴塞罗那伯爵），在这个开局有一个新生儿。杀死丈夫或者离婚后，入赘再婚，改变你的继承法（为选举或幼子继承法）。
Arles, Kingdom of
- King Rudolf of Arles, 936: Originally the king of Upper-Burgundy, he collected the two halves of Burgundy to form the new Kingdom of Arles. The Italians to the east, led by the industrious Hugues of the Bosonid dynasty, form a threat to the capital of Arles as well as the area around Provence. Besides that, Rudolf is in a good position to ally with most of the rulers around him, though his Kingdom is small enough to be tossed aside by the larger powers at play.
- 埃尔蒙古 德 乌尔赫尔(Ermengol d'Urgell)，乌尔赫尔伯爵，1066.9.15：从西班牙最安全的地方发动收复失地运动——但要谨防针对你的杰哈德。确保在最糟的情况发生前，有足够的力量去应对。
- 威尔弗雷多 德 巴塞罗那(Wifredo de Barcelona)，巴塞罗那公爵，878.1.1：The founder of the House of Barcelona, son of Sunifred, (earlier Count of Barcelona, Urgell, Cerdanya Girona, Osona, Besalú, etc.) he starts as a Baron in Urgell under Duke Bernard Gellones of Barcelona, so you'll have to land him and reload as him. While he's been reduced to a barony, Wifredo has a strong claim on the Duchy of Barcelona, courtesy of his father. He was historically granted the County of Barcelona (the Duchy, in-game) after siding with Charles and his son Louis against a faction of noble rebels, among them the previous Count of Barcelona, Bernard of Gothia (Bernard Gellones in-game). He's the founding father of the independent Catalan counties and maybe the main hero in Catalan medieval folklore. A legend tells that the Arms of the House of Barcelona (which became the Catalan national flag) were created by Emperor Louis, who gave him a golden shield and blotted it with the blood of his wounded vassal. A hard game if you wish to follow in his footsteps and take over the Catalan counties, as you have a quite powerful Frankish liege and the Carolingian mess can be less tumultuous than in real life.
- 拉蒙-贝伦格尔三世(Ramon Berenguer III)，巴塞罗那与普罗旺斯伯爵，1113：Through his marriage with Dolça of Provence, Ramon Berenguer III The Great rules not only as Count of Barcelona (Duchy in-game), but also as Count of Provence (Duchy in-game) and his already born son Ramon Berenguer will inherit the County of Gevaudan, making him one of the most powerful Christian lords in the Western Mediterranean. Historically, despite him reconquering Tarragona permanently and Mallorca temporally, his main political focus was centered in the Occitan lands, policies that were continued by his descendants until 1213 with the death at Muret of King Pere of Aragon during the Cathar crusade. Upon his death, he gave Barcelona to his firstborn son Ramon Berenguer IV the Saint (father of King Alfons of Aragon) and Provence to his second son Berenguer Ramon, despite King Alfons reincorporating it when the county passed to Berenguer Ramon's granddaughter (only to give it upon his death to his brother, also called Ramon Berenguer).
- 埃尔门嘉妲 德 纳博讷(Ermengarda de Narbonne)，纳博讷女伯爵，1143-1197：Should be unmarried and childless at the beginning of her 54-year reign. A very cultured lady - she especially liked bards. Unfortunately, she was unlucky in marriage.
- 柯南二世 德 雷恩(Konan II de Rennes)，布列塔尼小型国王，1066.9.15：Last legitimate male of his dynasty in 1066. He threatened to invade Normandy as soon as William's army had crossed the Channel, when this happened he promptly did as promised. At the end of the year, he donned a pair of poisoned riding gloves and collapsed dead, most probably on William's orders. His premature demise meant the end of the de Rennes dynasty; he was succeeded by his sister and, after her death, his brother-in-law. Your first priority is to marry, have children and continue the de Rennes male line. Start forging claims on Cornwall, Wales and Ireland, then begin your wars of expansion. In many ways, Brittany in 1066 is the ideal tutorial playground. Konan is the central character of "The Monarch's Journey" which is first in a series of scenarios with challenges to overcome in order to earn cosmetic rewards for the upcoming Crusader Kings III game.
- 埃杜瓦尔 德 庞蒂耶夫尔(Edouarzh de Penthièvre)，庞蒂耶夫尔伯爵，1066：A 67-year-old count who founded the youngest branch of the de Rennes and was once duke of Brittany, so you have a strong claim on it. With good luck and health, you can take the duchy back and have a similar good start to your liege and nephew Konan II, except you're much older. But the most interesting thing about this character is that he has not only a daughter, but THIRTEEN sons (half bastards) and SIX grandsons (all legitimate), so it's a wonderful start to learn how to build a new family, marrying duchesses or even princesses to grow the familial lands.
- 贝伦格拉(Berenguela)，卡斯蒂利亚与托雷多女王，1217.6-8：This queen had an incredibly short real-life reign; she abdicated in favor of her son Ferdinand III after only two months. Make her reign longer and give Berenguela a chance to prove herself as a ruler.
- 桑乔二世 希梅纳(Sancho II Jimena)，卡斯蒂利亚国王，1066.9.15或1066.12.26：Why play as El Cid when you can play as his liege? Use a young Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar to command your army as you bring Iberia under your control. Your brother is not exactly on good terms with you and the usual Muslim infidels are everywhere. Can you avoid Sancho's historical fate?
- 恩里克 德 特拉斯塔马拉(Enrique de Trastámara)，阿斯图里亚斯 德 奥维耶多伯爵，1332.1.14：The bastard son of Alfonso XI of Castile, he holds a one province minor in the northwest of the country. Historically, he was supported by his father, but after his death, staged many revolts against his brother, Pedro the Cruel. With French and Aragonese support, he overthrew and killed his brother, and went on to become King Henry II. His family would go on to unite Castile and Aragon and lay down the basis for what would become the Kingdom of Spain. Making the move from count to king will be difficult, let alone to become Emperor of all Spain (technically King), especially with only 120 years to do it, but it's a good challenge.
- 德米塔尔-兹沃尼米尔 特皮米洛维奇(Dmitar-Zvonimir Trpimirovic)，斯拉沃尼亚公爵，1066.9.15 或 克罗地亚国王，1081：Historically, Croatia passed to the King of Hungary after a bloody succession crisis, due to the machinations of Dmitar's widow, Ilona, who was also the King of Hungary's sister, and entered a union with Hungary that lasted until 1918. Can you prevent the extinction of House of Trpimirović and the union with Hungary (or perhaps, see Hungary and Croatia united under your house)?
- 伊洛娜(Ilona)，克罗地亚女王，1090-1091：Dmitar-Zvonimir's widow, an Arpad princess who starts with the King of Hungary (her brother) as an ally. This start should be somewhat easy since she has such an awesome ally and you can build her family as you wish.
- 斯温二世 伊里温(Svend II Estrid)，丹麦国王，1066.9.15-1074：Historically he feuded with Hardrade, had little success in military affairs, and fathered an impressive twenty or more children, all the better to secure alliances and inheritance. Svend also starts with a claim on England. Whether you attempt to reunite the North Sea Empire, create the Kalmar Union or restore the Danelaw you've got plenty of options open. You can start the Baltic crusades early and take your share of the pagan land. You start with a small but stable kingdom and if you're lucky the Holy Roman Empire will neglect to counter your growth in the north allowing you plenty time to become a great northern empire. The housecarl retinue adds some strong muscle you can put to good use. With reasonable goals and a little luck, the north is yours! There's also an achievement for conquering England as him.
- 米哈伊洛一世 杜克列宁(Mihajlo I Dukljanin)，杜克利亚公爵，1066.9.15：He starts independent and needs one province to create Serbia. Easy right? Well, not when both of the other Serbian provinces are in the ERE. One is owned by your 9th son (that's right, 9th), the other by the future Emperor Michael VII, not a man you want to get on the wrong side of. Can you form Serbia and go on to unite the Slavic kingdoms?
- 鲍德温二世 德 勒泰勒(Baudouin II de Rethel)，埃德萨公爵，1100：Just south of Rum, Edessa formed in 1098 as an independent French Catholic Duchy, surrounded almost completely by Muslim neighbors. The preferred start is 1100 as in 1098 you start as an insignificant member of an established house, while in the 1100 start you get to play as Baudouin, a successful Crusader who inherited Edessa. Historically he ended up as the King of Jerusalem, through unknown relations to King Baudouin I, he surpassed the other claimants and obtained the throne. Install Baudouin II as the King of Jerusalem or simply trying to stay alive as Edessa, your choice. Quite a challenging start probably requires swearing fealty to Jerusalem or the ERE.
- 莱姆鲍德 德 阿弗兰基(Raimbaud de Afranji)，艾因塔卜伯爵，1072：Sitting in the county of Aintab is probably one of the most challenging starts in the game. Historically, Raimbaud served Philaretos Brachamios (Vahram Varajnuni) as a mercenary captain in command of 8,000 men. He was given the castle of Afranji ("Franks" in Armenian) and proved quite loyal - he died defending Brachamios' tent during a battle. In-game, it doesn't quite pan out like that for Raimbaud - he has nowhere near 8,000 men under his command; he is a one province Frankish Catholic count, vassal to an Armenian Miaphysite and the next-door neighbour to the mighty Seljuk Turks. Good luck, you'll need it.
- 哈罗德 戈德温森(Harold Godwinson)，英格林国王，1066.9.26：Yes, he's at the Stamford Bridge start as usual, but with the most recent patches his odds went from underdog to David versus Goliath. Start a few days later and Hardrade is out of the war after Godwinson's victory at Stamford, leaving you a decent force to attempt to turn back the Norman tide. Even so, expect William to put up a ferocious fight and never make the mistake of fighting him on open ground - even the mighty huscarls don't fare well against the Norman knights.
- 亨利一世 德 诺曼底(Henry I de Normandie), 英格兰国王，1100.8.3：Last of the de Normandie kings of England. Can you make sure your house doesn't shatter into pieces and honour The Conqueror's legacy? Or is the House of Normandy destined to die out like it did in reality?
- 亨利二世 金雀花(Henry II Plantagenet)，英格兰国王，1155.1.1：Start off the Plantagenet dynasty and the Angevin Empire on the right foot and see if the sons you sire end up any better than the ones Henry spawned historically. Alternatively, start as him in 1187; The Lion In Winter, CK2 style. Henry had established himself in both England and the continent but at a high personal cost. He is estranged from his wife and 2 sons and historically died 2 years after his sons rebelled. Although Richard is the Lionheart, let the old lion roar one last time in his twilight, and put his house in order before he departs.
- 爱德华三世 金雀花(Edward III Plantagenet)，英格兰国王，百年战争开始：Unfortunately Edward III doesn't have the traits he should, but you do begin with a strong claim on France (via your mother) and a powerful, centralized realm. Your son and heir, the future Black Prince, is a young boy and ready to be tutored to greatness, and France will often be divided and thrown into various civil wars. Forge marriage alliances with Scotland and Brittany, wait for an opportune moment and pounce.
- 阿尔弗雷德 威塞克斯(Alfred of Wessex)，多塞特伯爵，867 Yup, that Alfred. Used GOTW：
- Become King of England
- Remove all Norse territory and religion from the de jure kingdoms of England, Wales and Scotland
- Stay Catholic and Anglo-Saxon
- Obtain the title 'the Great' on at least one ruler
- 奥斯武夫 班堡(Oswulf of Bamburgh)，诺森布里亚伯爵, 1066：A native son of the North, you've had your fill of being lorded over by southerners, who, to add insult to injury, have held the Earldom (in-game Duchy) of Northumbria since the murder of your grandfather, Uhtred, 50 years ago. First, arrange a little "accident" for your cousin, Eadwulf, who holds lands just across the border, preferably before he has children. This should give you a foothold to restore Northumbrian rule to Lothian. Once you have Eadwulf's land, you'll need to turn your attention to the Mercian brothers (hopefully neither of them dies childless and leaves the other with both Mercia and Northumbria), from whom you will want to claim the Duchy of Northumbria and perhaps more. After that, the succession crisis in the south represents a golden opportunity, no matter which route you choose. Restore Northumbria as an independent kingdom, perhaps, and avert a millennium in London's shadow? Provide England with a new royal dynasty to stem the endless succession of pretenders from the mainland and the powerful earls who jostle for the crown through the Witenagemot? Or unite the entire island, no, the entire British Isles, for the first time, and see if you can reproduce the success of a united British Empire? Whatever you choose, surely a gruff, hardworking Northerner, if anyone, is up to the task?
- 威廉一世 德 诺曼底(William I de Normandie)，佛兰德斯公爵，1127.2.3：As the grandson of William the Conqueror you just have been given your grandmother's land, the wealthy Duchy of Flanders. Now can you take your grandfather's land too, and become the next king of England, instead of your uncle Henry?
- 卡多克 舍诺(Cadoc Cerneu)，康沃尔伯爵，1066.9.15：the last Cornish Earl of Cornwall. He's still around in 1066 (both Stamford Bridge and William the Conqueror start) but will disappear in a couple of months, like in history. Descended from the ancient Kings of Dumnonia, he starts with a wife, brother, daughter and some nephews. Apart from Ralph de Gael (Earl of Norfolk), he's the only Breton ruler left in Britain. You can't form the Duchy of Cornwall immediately, and although the King always can, he's far more likely to give it to one of his many kinsmen than you, but with luck and patience, you'll have your chance to usurp it sooner or later.
- 威廉 马歇尔(William Marshal)，德维得伯爵，1204剧本 或 1197后 The greatest knight who ever lived sits on an earl's throne in Wales. Bring him and his fledgeling dynasty greater glory still. Used in GOTW：
- Acquire the 'True Christian Knight' modifier (with any player character)
- Remain a vassal of the king/queen of England. Rebellion is forbidden.
- Acquire 5000 prestige with one ruler
- 西蒙 德 孟福尔(Simon de Montfort)，莱斯特伯爵，1225：Leader during the Barons' War against King Henry III, he became the de facto leader of England for a short time before his death in battle. Starting as a simple earl, making Simon's rise match that of history might be a challenge, but one worth a try.
- 阿兰 德 庞蒂耶夫尔(Alan de Penthièvre)，约克伯爵，1071.1.1： This is Alan Rufus, one of the richest men in history. Sadly, his wealth is not modelled in-game, but he's still an interesting historical figure.
- King Æthelstan of England, 936: As the first king of a truly collected England, Æthelstan is very much in the prime of his power. But only a year later, historically speaking, he had to fight the coalition of the Kingdoms of Dublin, Alba and Strathclyde in the Battle of Brunanburh. His victory secured the new frontiers in the north, but if he had lost? Who can say what would have happened with the Isles if that had happened?
- 让娜 卡佩(Jeanne Capet)，纳瓦拉女伯爵，1327.1.1 - 百年战争剧本：An unmarried 16-year-old with a strong claim on the Duchy of Champagne and weak claims on the Kingdoms of Navarre and France, you are the second most senior living Capetian - preceded only by your uncle and liege, Charles IV. Denied the throne of France due to her sex and that of Navarre due to her mother's illicit bedchamber adventures, Jeanne's chances of inheriting either are slim. You will have to fight the Prince-Bishop of Reims for Champagne. Historically, after her uncle's death, Jeanne reclaimed Navarre, but never France itself. Play as her immediately after her uncle's death in 1328, and you'll find that she has become Queen of Navarre, and more importantly, remains unmarried. Once you start, there are several ways you can get started reclaiming France itself. One of them is a strategic marriage; several kings would gladly have you as their daughter-in-law, including your Catalan neighbour. If you start any later, you will find yourself with more of a challenge - the Kingdom of Navarre has passed to your husband, once again leaving Jeanne with only the County of Navarre, and depending on how late you start, you'll probably already have children. Whenever you start, be prepared to take advantage of the inevitable Hundred Years' War, one that could be brought on sooner by your masterful intrigue...
- Acquire the titles once held by your paternal grandmother：the Kingdom of Navarre and the Duchy of Champagne.
- Conquer all counties belonging de jure to Navarre and Champagne.
- Stay Frankish.
- Press your claim on your paternal grandfather's realm - France itself!
- 诺弗鲁瓦 金雀花(Geoffrey Plantagenet)，安茹公爵，1129.1.2：Play as the founder of the Plantagenet Dynasty and try to claim England from your small duchy! You can marry Matilda, the daughter of the still-living Henry I of England. This will give any children born to you a claim on the kingdom of England. If you play your cards right, Henry will die without a male heir, leaving the kingdom to Matilda, who is your wife. This means that your children will inherit England! You may want to consider starting the game on 24 Aug. 1129, Geoffrey's 16th birthday. The widow Princess Matilda is likely to marry someone else before you have a chance if you start the game months too early. Being a bastard is not an issue as far as marrying a widow princess is concerned.
- 玛丽 德 布卢瓦(Marie de Blois)，布洛涅女伯爵，1160：At first glance, the youthful Marie seems like a minor French noblewoman. No, wait, she is Norman... and a princess! The Anarchy has ended leaving Marie's brothers dispossessed of their father Stephen's English crown, and her brothers have since both died childless. Marie is thus left with her father's county of Mortain, her mother's county of Boulogne, and a weak claim on England. She is 24 and childless but married to the son and heir of her liege, the Duke of Flanders, so arranging a quick end to the marriage is necessary. With Marie's second cousin Henry controlling all of England, a large part of France and most of Aquitaine, claiming your heritage will be very challenging. Very.
- 腓力一世 卡佩(Philippe I Capet)（小卡佩），法兰西国王，1066：你年仅14岁，有两个兄弟姐妹，以及一群比你强大的封臣。诺曼底公爵威廉手握1w重（huoxing）兵，正在发动一场夺取英格兰王位的战争。你的叔叔勃艮第公爵攥着国王宣称。你的直属封臣兰斯主教在香槟公爵的法理内。阿基坦公爵兼图卢兹公爵拥兵自重。佛兰德斯公爵想要独立，并且有一个神罗法理内的封臣。你能重现历史，克服一切困难生存下来并让你的家族繁荣吗？
- 让一世 卡佩(Jean I Capet)，法兰西国王，1316.11.15：Your dynasty is almost as weak as in 1066, but you don't have giga-vassals. However, you are surrounded by Castille, Aragon and the HRE. If you die and your uncle doesn't manage to have children, you have the Hundred Years' War. If not... there are only a few English counties left in southern France and you could have Brittany and Savoy easily. Sadly, the regency preceding his rule has been replaced by him living longer, so by beginning at the above date, you are not a posthumous newborn.
- 吉扬八世 德 普瓦图(Guilhem VIII de Poitou)，阿基坦公爵，1066.9.15：In 1066 the Duke of Aquitaine is the mightiest of the dukes beneath the King of France. If you can lead a successful campaign against the young King Philippe and free your realm from his vassalage, Aquitaine stands to raise itself to a mighty kingdom. From there, another series of wars with France to reclaim the rich Duchy of Toulouse and the reconquest of the once-Aquitainian Duchy of Barcelona will set you on the road to being one of the mightiest realms of Europe
- 吉扬九世 德 普瓦图(Guilhem IX de Poitou)，阿基坦公爵，1086.9.25：You've played as a great conqueror, or three, and achieved greatness from nothing... so why not look into cultural achievements, instead? Duke Guilhem IX of Aquitaine is, while of some importance as a historical figure, better known for being the first recorded troubadour, with several of his works of bawdy Occitan poetry about love, sex and feudal politics - some of which are still hilarious - surviving to this day. Furthermore, he was a renowned womaniser, significantly involved in struggles for dominance within France in his efforts to take over other duchies, and alternately promoted and defied the Catholic Church. To top it all off, he was also a crusader in 1101, albeit an unsuccessful one - and Eleanor of Aquitaine's grandfather, to boot. History also records that he declined to kill an enemy bishop, quipping "I don't love you enough to send you to paradise!" What more is to be said, other than that his start as a powerful duke is not particularly difficult, and that you are free to take this great, womanising poet wherever you want into the history books. Maybe just try not to be quite as horrible to his wife as he was, this time.
- 厄德二世 德 勃艮第(Eudes II de Bourgogne)，勃艮第公爵，1153：The former spouse of Louis VII, Eleanor of Aquitaine, has helped the English king to inherit all of Aquitaine, practically 1/4 of France. Half of the de jure kingdom is now in the hands of the Plantagenets, and they also look at Toulouse with greed. As a loyal vassal of the good, but not so skilled Louis VII, help to defend the remaining French realm and reconquer the lands that rightfully belong to the Capets! Of course, after the French crown and lands are secured, you can stop being (or pretending to be) a loyal servant and take the crown for yourself.
- 鲍德韦因五世(Boudewijn V)，佛兰德斯公爵，1066.9.15：The wealthiest provinces of France with the option to go HRE whenever you wish, one or two counties away from forming Frisia, and some fine relatives to boot.
- 吉扬四世 德 图卢兹(Guilhelm IV de Toulouse)，图卢兹公爵，1066.9.15：A very interesting character that allows for very plausible switches into alternate history. Historically, the counts of Toulouse and the kings of Aragon were very close until the rise of the Montforts and the Albigensian crusade, when Simon de Montfort defeated the combined forces of Aragon and Toulouse at the battle of Muret. With a closely linked Aragon and Toulouse, you could potentially become the king of Aragon, and end up with a disunited Spain. There could be a Hispanic Portugal and Castile in the far west, and an Occitan Aragon that spreads along the Mediterranean coast from Provence in the east to Murcia in the west, and stretches from Sicily in the south to Gap or even Vienne in the north.
- 雷蒙德五世 德 图卢兹(Raimond V de Toulouse)，图卢兹公爵，1094.1.1：With the Cathar heresy at its zenith, you can choose to crush it, or join it.
- 厄德 卡佩(Eudes Capet)，沙特尔伯爵，867
- 埃贝尔 加洛林(Herbert Karling)，韦芒杜瓦伯爵，1066.9.15：the last living descendant of Charlemagne and a count near Paris. Used in GOTW：
- Reclaim the Holy Roman Empire or Francia, with respective De Jure territory based on the title you claim
- Put at least 3 Karlings on the throne of the Papacy
- Win 2 Papacy-Called Crusades
- Have the following combination of traits on at least one of your rulers：
- Genius, Quick, or Strong
- Brilliant Strategist or Skilled Tactician
- Defender, Unyielding, Organizer, or Experimental Leader
- 3 of the following：Chaste, Temperate, Charitable, Diligent, Patient, Kind, Humble
- 1 or none of the following：Lustful, Gluttonous, Greedy, Slothful, Wroth, Envious, Proud
- Just, Honest, Brave, or Gregarious
- No stat beneath 8
- 于格 德 韦芒杜瓦(Hugues de Vermandois)，韦芒杜瓦伯爵，1085.4.1：If the last direct male descendant of Charlemagne doesn't appeal to you, play as the husband of his sister and successor, Adèle. A son of the deceased King Henri of France, Hughes is the founder of the Capetian cadet branch of the House of Vermandois, which puts you in a very interesting position; you may be a mere count in northern France but you are the younger brother of the king, Philippe Capet. This, of course, grants you a strong claim on the kingship. With the Normans downstream from Paris, the Duke of Aquitaine controlling half the kingdom, and the house of Burgundy plotting to usurp the throne, will you stand by your Capetian brethren or aid their enemies and put a new dynasty on the throne of France?
- 阿黛勒(Adelaide/Adele)，韦芒杜瓦女伯爵，1080：She may look innocuous, but she happens to be the last surviving Karling. She's married to the heir to France and has a newborn daughter, so this is a difficult start. Restore the Karlings the hard way!
- 埃莉诺 德 普瓦图(Eleanor de Poitou)，1140s-1173：Yes, that Eleanor (aka Aliaenor), a masterful political manipulator. You can play her as a minor countess (of Poitiers and Saintonge; you can do this starting in the 1140s). You can also start as her second husband, Henry II of England, in 1155 - give her the Duchy of Aquitaine (which she should have from age 13/15, but doesn't), then reload the world and switch to her. Make sure you annul her regular marriage as soon as you can so your game doesn't end when she dies.
- 查理 卡佩(Charles Capet)，拉马什与吕西尼昂伯爵，1314.12：Starting in the very first days of Louis X's reign, play as the youngest son of the glorious Philip IV, the Fair, and see how far you can reach. France? Navarre? Aquitaine(Louis will create this title as soon as he can)? Or just the timid county of Artois, which will be passed to your unfaithful wife at the death of the old Mahaut d'Artois? Can you repeat history, becoming Charles IV, or contradict it, keeping the Capets on the throne?
- 纪尧姆(Guillaume)，图卢兹公爵，769：You start as an 18-year-old duke of one of the best de jure duchies in the game, vassal to Karloman, King of Middle Francia. And your dynasty is named the Nibelunging, with three rings for your CoA (like the legendary Ring of the Nibelung). Your father is the Duke of Burgundy, and he is a very powerful man. When he dies you have a claim on the Duchy.
- King Louis IV of West Francia, 936: Louis is among the last kings of the Karling dynasty. He was followed by Lothair, his eldest son, and later his grandson Louis V, which ended up as the final monarch of the dynasty. In our bookmark, King Louis is 15 years old and has recently returned from England to rule his homeland. Under his rule is the strongman Hugues the Great of the Capet dynasty, as well as unruly Occitans in the south and the newly settled Normans to the north. If he can only quell his vassals and their bids for power, West Francia is a strong base for the future of the dynasty.
- 努诺二世 基马良尼斯(Nuno II Vimaranes)，波图斯卡莱公爵，1066.9.15：Defend against Holy Wars and Jihad from the south, then complete the Reconquista and set up the kingdom of Portugal. Used in GOTW：
- Maintain Portuguese culture
- Remain Christian in some way. Converting to Orthodox or a Heresy allowed.
- Form Kingdom of Portugal with all De Jure territory
- Add the De Jure territory of Galicia, Leon, and Andalusia to your empire. Kingdom titles themselves optional.
- Place a member of your dynasty (other than yourself) on 3 foreign kingdom-level thrones. At least 1 of these kingdoms must border the Mediterranean.
- 弗格斯 加洛韦(Fergus of Galloway)，加洛韦伯爵，1100：You start on a Scottish peninsula flanked by a strong Scotland and nearly unified England. With only 2 provinces, starting as a kid, with no family or vassals, relying on nothing but an unrelated minor regent with a giant intrigue and a plot to inherit your lands, it truly would be a challenge to not be gobbled into Scotland, or to even retain one's title once within it. Perhaps a suicide game but the relative instability of Scotland could give you a small window to seize power.
- 艾美塞德 德 那慕尔(Ermesinde de Namur)，卢森堡女伯爵，1197-1247：The last of her dynasty (at least in-game), Ermesinde was 10 in 1197 when she began her rule as Countess of Luxembourg. She tried twice to press her claim on Namur, but failed both times; this claim is absent in the game, however. It also appears that her husband and ally might not be in the game either, so you can have her marry far above her social station and try to conquer some of the surrounding areas - if not more.
- 弗里德里希二世 冯 霍亨施陶芬(Friedrich II von Hohenstaufen)，神圣罗马帝国凯撒，1212.7.5-1250.12.12：One of the most ambitious and powerful of the Holy Roman Emperors, Friedrich best embodies the average CK2 player's drive to rule the world. He represented the pinnacle of House Hohenstaufen and had plots in nearly every corner of the world. He attempted to claim Jerusalem by marriage (and is married to the Queen of Jerusalem in the 1220s), warred against the pope, and very nearly turned the HRE into a proper nation-state.
- 理查 金雀花(Richard of Cornwall)，神圣罗马帝国凯撒，1256.1.28-1272.4.2：He is King (in-game Kaiser) of the Holy Roman Empire. And English...and a Plantagenet! A very special experience and starting point. He is emperor between 28 January 1256 and 2 April 1272.
- 约翰 德 卢森堡(Johann de Luxembourg)，波希米亚国王，1310 - Note：the blind one, although only from 1337.
- 奥托二世 冯 诺德海姆(Otto II von Nordheim)，巴伐利亚公爵，直到1070：create the Kingdom of Bavaria and take over eastern Europe.
- 韦尔夫一世 韦尔夫(Welf I Welf)，巴伐利亚公爵，1070.1.1 和 1079：the bastard son of Duke Alberto II Azzo d'Este of Lombardy, can you resurrect the old and powerful House of Welf (Guelph)? It's a fun game being an illegitimate bastard with a wife that has a claim on neighbouring Swabia. If you can pacify the Bavarian Lords and consolidate, you could potentially become the most powerful man in the Holy Roman Empire. Not to mention the weak claim you will receive when the old man Alberto Azzo II dies, and the impending succession crisis in Lombardy which means you can seize your moment and swallow Milan as well. Bringing glory back to the Welfs should be a fun undertaking.
- 弗拉迪斯拉夫二世 普热米斯尔(Vratislav II Premyslid)，波希米亚公爵，1066.9.15：You have a better inheritance law than the other HRE dukes (Seniority's not as good as Elective, but it beats Gavelkind hands down), the County of Prague has more space for upgrade than most places, and you start the game with everything you need (except the gold and piety, obviously) to create the Duchy of Moravia and then the Kingdom of Bohemia. Also, with a little ruthlessness, you can connive for your son Bretislav to inherit the throne (and royal demesne!) of the Kingdom of Hungary; even if he doesn't hold on to the kingdom he has a decent chance of holding on to the duchies. Be warned that if you don't want to adopt German culture you may well need to make more use of the "spawn random aristocrat" buttons than might otherwise be the case.
- 洛塔尔-乌多二世 乌道能(Lothar-Udo II Udonen)，勃兰登堡公爵，1066.9.15：You know the drill, obtain the black eagle and start rolling.
- 皮埃尔 德 萨伏依(Pierre de Savoie)，萨伏伊公爵，1066.9.15：Reclaim the old Kingdom of Burgundy, destroy the HRE from the inside and then take on France in order to gain the Duchy of Burgundy, your rightful inheritance. Used for CK2 GOTW：
- Form Burgundy with all de jure land
- Reclaim the traditional Duchy of Burgundy, in France
- Defeat French or German opponents in at least 8 wars with you as a primary participant.
- Independence from the Holy Roman Empire
- Add 3 duchies outside of de jure Burgundy to your nation, not counting the Duchy of Burgundy
- 玛蒂尔达 德 卡诺萨(Matilda di Canossa)，托斯卡纳女公爵，1066.9.15：A good grip on Italy at the beginning as the duchess of Tuscany, and a vassal of the HRE. It offers many possibilities and allows to learn the game mechanics safely within the HRE while recreating the Kingdom of Italy. Can you make Matilda the mother of an independent Italy, or will the Italian culture be obliterated by the Germans once and for all?
- 格哈德 沙特努瓦(Gerhard Chatenois)，上洛林公爵，1066.9.15：Just a duchy title away from being able to create the Kingdom of Lotharingia.
- 维尔纳 冯 哈布斯堡(Werner von Habsburg)，巴塞尔伯爵，1066.9.15：rise from one county to rival the historical extent of Emperor Karl V's dominion over Europe.
- 亨德里克 雷吉纳尔(Hendrik Reginar)，布拉班特伯爵，1066.9.15：Beginning under a strong duke, it will take your full attention and resources to break away from your ducal liege. Once you're done, you can work towards creating your own Dutch Kingdom within or outside of the Empire.
- 热罗 德 日内瓦(Geraud de Geneve)，日内瓦伯爵，1066.9.15 ： The score description is almost taunting. Can you do better by ruling more than your single county, or even by sticking to one? Moreover, it is an interesting character. He could have a claim on the kingdom of Burgundy through his great-grandfather Konrad III, king of Burgundy. Indeed, when the last independent king of Burgundy, Rudolf III, died childless in 1032, the title became vacant. The Ottonian dynasty, with Henri II, should have inherited the throne, but they became extinct before the kings of Burgundy. Hence, Eudes, count of Blois and Champagne, should have inherited but was defeated by emperor Conrad II who usurped the throne as the successor of Henri II. As the house of Blois has failed and is now too busy with French affairs, maybe it is time for Geraud to step up as the last local male descendant of King Konrad and reclaim what is his and restore the Burgundian nation from within?
- 奥塔 “美男子” 普热米斯尔(Ota 'the Handsome' Premyslid)，奥洛穆茨伯爵，1066.9.15：Who is this magnificently handsome man? Well, it's Ota, younger brother to the starting Duke of Bohemia. Sure, you start with one province in the corner of the realm, but with some luck, good assassinations and perhaps a small war or two, you can quickly take control of the Duchy, or Kingdom, of Bohemia! Not to mention, you're handsome!
- 伊泽立诺三世 达 罗马诺(Ezzelino III da Romano)，维罗纳伯爵，1200初：Considered one of the most ruthless and cruel feudal rulers in all the Middle Ages. At the time, he was said to be the anti-Christ or the spawn of the devil. A crusade was issued against him. He once sentenced 10,000 citizens of Padua to death in a single day. He also enjoyed the mass use of torture, said to feel pleasure at the screams of people walled in alive, and he would often command kids to be blinded for his enjoyment. He was also a supporter of the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II in the war between Guelphs and Ghibellines and married his daughter.
- Here's a quote from The Picture of Dorian Gray about him：
- "Ezzelin, whose melancholy could be cured only by the spectacle of death, and who had a passion for red blood, as other men have for red wine--the son of the Fiend, as was reported, and one who had cheated his father at dice when gambling with him for his own soul"
- That's quite a reputation. Can you match it in true Crusader Kings style? Note： he currently starts as a Lord Mayor, so you'll have to make him playable first, one way or another.
- 维尔纳 萨利安(Werner Salian)Needs to be verified in case he's supposed to be Werner V，沃尔姆斯伯爵，867：Try to climb insurmountable odds and establish the Salian Dynasty as masters of the Holy Roman Empire. House Salian provided 4 Holy Roman Emperors, an immense task to be sure!
- 恩斯特 冯 巴本堡(Ernst von Babenberg)，奥地利公爵，1066：He is in a weak position with a lot of potential; you can go in any direction. Each of the four counties in your duchy is held by a different house： Bavaria has Passau, Bohemia has Znojmo, Carinthia has Steiermark, and you hold only Österreich, the capital. With one or two carefully chosen alliances, you can beat Bavaria and Carinthia, and then, with most of the duchy under your control, maybe even challenge Bohemia—or expand eastwards into Croatia. For longer-term goals, you can form Bavaria, get elected Kaiser, launch an invasion of Hungary, or take Jerusalem in a crusade.
- King Otto of Germany, 936: In many ways, Otto is the protagonist of the Iron Century bookmark. Having just been crowned King, Otto has quite the task ahead of himself in trying to put together the Holy Roman Empire and beat back the pagan encroaching from the east (Hungarians) and the north (Norse tribes). To the west, the vassal holding the Stem-Duchy of Lotharingia (Lorraine), Duke Giselbert, recently changed his allegiance to the young King Louis Karling of West Francia. Not to mention the tumultuous kingship of Italy, that will be needed to recreate the Holy Roman Empire.
- Duke Boleslav (the Cruel) of Bohemia, 936: The Bohemian rose to the title of Duke through the fratricide of his brother (Good King) Wenceslaus. Though his rise to power was bloody, Boleslav ruled well and was known as an efficient administrator. Early in his rule he ended the tribute to the German king Otto and ended up in conflict with the Germans for the next 15-20 years. Boleslav is a tough start, as he is surrounded by pagans in every direction, be it with the Polish rulers to the north, Hungary to the south or the Kievan Rus to the far east.
- 彼得(Péter Orseolo)，匈牙利国王，1044-1046：为了扮演他，你将不得不修改defines.txt。你也许会问：不是还有很多其他的阿帕德国王可以直接扮演吗？答案很简单： 彼得不是阿帕德家的!他是Pietro Orseolo,奥多内 奥尔瑟奥罗的儿子，威尼斯的总督，作为斯蒂芬一世的侄子继承了王位。在现实中，威尼斯人彼得(彼得是威尼斯人，尽管游戏里他是匈牙利人)极度不受欢迎，还被推翻过一次(然而游戏里没有他的第一次统治...)，多亏了向他宣誓效忠的人，以及神圣罗马帝国的凯撒，他重登王位。最后在他的继任者安德拉什一世的带领下，彼得被抓获并致盲。也许你能带领这位反常的威尼斯人国王走向更有价值的命运？
- 沙拉蒙 阿帕德(Salamon I Árpád)，匈牙利国王，1066.9.15：就在一个半世纪以前，马扎尔还是一个游牧部落，在亚洲的草原上向西行进，逃离更强大的邻国。现在，匈牙利王国正准备对佩切涅格反击，同时也有大好的机会在克罗地亚和波兰以及东北部的加西利亚扩张。神罗的公主将成为你的妻子，神罗将成为你坚实的后盾，不过记得提防拜占庭帝国。历史上的阿帕德王朝吞并了克罗地亚，但在之后几乎被蒙古摧毁，在大汗死后才得以幸存。然而大汗的死并没有让匈牙利更好——内战使得阿帕德王朝逐渐衰败，最后在1301年绝嗣。你能带领阿帕德走向更好的明天吗？
- 亚诺什 巴托里(János Báthory)，塞凯伊弗尔德伯爵（特瓦兰尼西亚的封臣），1337：拜赖茨克的长子，日后在匈牙利历史上出名的巴托里家族的创始人。巴托里家族出过几位特瓦兰尼西亚公爵，一位波兰国王，和“血伯爵夫人”伊丽莎白 巴托里("Blood Countess",Elizabeth Bathory)，以及几位匈牙利的上层贵族。它的后人中也有圣乔治骑士团(龙骑士团)的团员。1337年这个家族还不太显赫，能不能拥有更伟大的命运完全取决于你。如果你喜欢按照历史来，用mod将可选剧本向后推的话会更有趣，因为历史上的巴托里在奥斯曼崛起后才开始大放光彩。
- King Árpád Zoltan of Hungary, 936: Not many years has passed since the Magyars descended from the steppes and into the basin, pushing out the Bulgarians and anyone else who stood in their path. However, now they are one of the few pagans left in the area, surrounded by the Germans to the west, Bohemians to the north and the Bulgarian Empire to the south. Led by the Árpád dynasty, it is time to find their destiny, be it as the raiders and conquerors of Europe, or (as they did historically) become one of the defenders of Christianity.
- 司格分司(Sigfus)，西冰岛伯爵，1066.9.15：Let's face it：Vestisland is not what you would call "profitable". Iceland as a whole kind of lame at this time, made even worse by that old Duke. He sits complacently on the throne of the northernmost landmass in Europe, content while the world passes Iceland by. Though this is the age of Snorri, and the Christianisation of Iceland has been fairly thorough, the old tales boil his young blood. Yet he is limited, especially since Norway is keen to assert itself over his lands. Perhaps if you wrest control of the throne of Iceland from Sigfus' liege you could rekindle the Viking spirit which brought your people to the foreboding, jagged shores of the rime-coated island.
- 多姆纳尔 乌厄 内尔 尼吉厄拉希(Domnall Ua Neill Naoigallaich)，蒂洛辛伯爵，1066.9.15：the starting earl of Oriel is an O'Neill Naoi-Gallach, descended from the legendary High King of Ireland Niall of the Nine Hostages (and, according to recent DNA studies, the male-line ancestor of around 20% of the population of Ireland today).
- 穆尔哈德 乌厄 布里昂(Murchad Ua Briain)，慕穆（芒斯特）小型国王，1066.9.15：the grandson of Brian Boru, the last High-King of Ireland, or at least, the last one to have controlled most of the island for more than a year. While listening to its funeral march, will you be able to walk the steps of your grandfather and unite Ireland once again to face the threats that are England and Norway to the Celts? And, who knows, it might lead to a Celtic Empire ruling all the British Islands and Brittany?
- 约翰 德 库西(John de Courcy)，阿尔斯特伯爵，第三次十字军开始：his capital is the castle of Carrickfergus. He tried for independence from England - going as far as putting his face on coins. The English King put him down; now all that remains of his legacy is a shopping centre in Carrickfergus. John de Courcy was an Anglo-Norman knight who arrived in Ireland in 1176. From then until his expulsion in 1204, he conquered a considerable territory, endowed religious establishments, built abbeys for both the Benedictines and the Cistercians and built strongholds at Dundrum Castle in County Down and Carrickfergus Castle in County Antrim.
- 古德罗德 克洛温(Gudrod Crovan)，南岛（西部群岛）公爵，1066.9.15：The advent of custom kingdoms has enabled you to form a Kingdom of the Isles. Can you do it? The Isles are an interesting start because they're Norwegian and independent but surrounded by Gaelic rulers and provinces. Swear allegiance to Scotland before you unpause; this will give you room to expand in both Ireland and Scotland without having to worry as much about being dogpiled by your enemies, otherwise, Scotland will always attack you over a de jure claim sooner or later. Alternatively, for those wanting a greater challenge, try to do all of this whilst remaining independent.
- 路易二世 加洛林(Louis II Karling)，意大利国王，867：As the eldest son of Lothair of Middle Francia (himself the eldest son of Emperor Louis the Pious), Louis II is the rightful successor to the entire Frankish Empire. At the moment, however, he's only the King of Italy： none of the other crowned heads of Europe are likely to let go of their titles without a fight. As a member of the Karling dynasty, you start as heir to at least one kingdom and highly placed on the succession to a number of others, so a few discreet assassinations and well-timed claim wars can eventually make you ruler of a good chunk of Western Europe, from which you can create either the Empire of Francia or the Holy Roman Empire, depending on what route you take. Or you could focus your ambitions southward to a territory outside your family's control and eventually crown yourself Emperor of Italia.
- 兰贝托 古伊蒂斯奇(Lambert Guideschi)，斯波莱托公爵，867：Since the fall of the Roman Empire, Italy has been ruled by a succession of barbarians from the north. Your ancestors may have been among them, but you, at least, have Italianised. You are one of the most powerful of the weak King's vassals, and you have Carolingian blood in your veins, to boot. While the King may be able to call in his powerful family if you rise against him, you can fall back on your Jewish financiers and your colleagues who are just as hostile to their foreign King, including your brother-in-law in Tuscany. Or should you wish to avoid spoiling fair Italy with bloodshed, the King has two daughters almost ready to be wed. Either way, with the right factions at the right time, the king will be toppled easily, and the Lombards to the south will make easy pickings for you. From there, you can expand at your leisure, but you should be ever mindful of the Byzantines. Perhaps you can even demonstrate that the Italian Renaissance needs no input from heretical Greeks.
- 柳特伯特 冯 巴本堡(Liutbert von Babenberg)，弗里萨赫伯爵，867：Maybe someone could reverse the fate of the family five-hundred years later?
- 戈弗雷 德 布洛涅(Godefroy I de Bouillon)，耶路撒冷王国，1099.7.15-1100.4.1：Godfrey was the first leader of the Kingdom of Jerusalem, he refused to become king, believing that God was the true king of the kingdom of Jerusalem. Nevertheless, he can be played as the King. You should be able to avoid his untimely death and hopefully with a good deal of skill and luck set up a true lasting Kingdom.
- 鲍德温四世 “麻风王”德 安茹(Baudouin IV 'the Leper' d'Anjou)，耶路撒冷王国，1177.1.2：You have just turned 16, but you are seriously sick and having a son would be a miracle. Even worse, the Kingdom of Jerusalem is surrounded by the most powerful Muslim state it ever struggled with, and the Byzantine Empire is the only local power strong enough to be a useful ally against Saladin. Not having an heir and being a leper will result in lack of support from your vassals (or maybe even rebellions), not to mention you can't let your sisters marry into other dynasties, because they will most likely inherit the throne after you. Try to achieve as much as you can, before your leprosy enters its terminal stage. In real life, Baudouin lasted 11 years as a king and 24 as a man, how long will you last? The historical Baudouin not only lasted as long as he did, but commanded respect from his subjects and Saladin's alike: one Muslim said of him "the leper child knows how to make his authority respected", and his followers have described him as maintaining a regal air, even as he died, horribly deformed. Can you match the greatness of this leper?
- 耶路撒冷女王：在不同开局有五个可玩德耶路撒冷女王：梅莉桑德(Melisende)，伊莎贝尔一世(Isabella I) 和伊莎贝尔二世(Isabella II)，西比拉(Sibylla)，和玛丽亚(Maria)。当心吉哈德！
- 鲍德温一世 范 佛兰德斯(Baudouin I van Vlaanderen)，拉丁帝国皇帝，1205：A pious Catholic given an imperial title, you lord over a land of Orthodox Greeks who are, most likely, none too pleased by your rule, not to mention the Nicene (in-game Byzantine) Emperor Theodore Laskaris is much more powerful than you and has claims to all of your titles. Take this artificially constructed empire and turn it into a real presence on the world stage. You control the Imperial province itself and a good half of the Aegean Islands - oh, and a barony in far-off Belgium. In the real world, Baudouin died in a Bulgarian prison after provoking them to invade. Can you avoid this ignominious fate? As an Emperor, you're unable to swear fealty, so it's not going to be easy...
- 约翰娜 范 佛兰德斯(Johanna van Vlaanderen)，佛兰德斯女公爵，1205:：A little girl who's controlling a Dutch duchy in France, she starts as a pretender of the Latin Empire, and if you are competent enough, you can control a Dutch empire if your father fails and you claim his title. She's 10 and you can build her traits as you like.
- 阿方索 希梅纳(Alfonso Jimena)，莱昂国王，1066.9.15：If deception is more your style, this is the Spanish leader you should play as. Alfonso starts with high intrigue and claims on the neighboring Christian kingdoms. If you can have your brother Sancho killed fast enough you'll become King of Leon and Castille and recreate the real Alfonso's rise to power. See León walkthrough.
- 乌拉卡 希梅纳(Urraca Jimena)，萨莫拉女伯爵，1066.9.15：Is she interesting? Fun? Historically meaningful? No, no, and I have no idea. She is, however, the Kizdean Gix (EQ1) of CK2 - annoying beyond all reason, and is completely disproportionately powerful. If you play as the King of Leon, she's a nuisance you just can't get rid of (she's your sister, and so the sister of all the neighboring Kings, there's no dealing with her). She's what the oubliette was made for.
- 乌拉卡(Urraca)，莱昂与卡斯蒂利亚（与加利西亚）女王，1109-1126：This powerful queen claimed the title Empress of All Spain during her reign.
- 马乌雷加托(Mauregato)，阿斯托加伯爵，769：You are the son of a king of Asturias, but also of a Moorish serf. You are consistently passed over for succession by the nobles, who look down at your corrupted breeding. You will be remembered by history as Mauregatus the Usurper, and your legacy will be eagerly swept aside on your death as the succession moves back to a more noble lineage. Can you outdo the real Mauregatus, leading this half-Moorish bastard son of a king to the crown of Asturias, securing his dynasty and bringing glory to your name?
- 布迪沃伊 纳库内茨(Budivoj Nakonid)，吕贝克伯爵，1066.9.15：He is a Pomeranian Christian and the Count of Lübeck. If you play well, you have the chance to create the Kingdom of Pomerania as a Catholic Ruler (note: You still have to convert to a pagan religion to create the kingdom) You can try it as independent Count if you like it hard or you can become part of the Holy Roman Empire or Denmark.
- 亨里克 纳库内茨(Henrik Nakonid)，吕贝克伯爵，1073：Your father Guthskalco was a Christian ruler of the Wends (in-game Duke of Mecklenburg), who was defeated and killed by the pagan chieftain Krutoj. Your half-brother Budivoj tried to reclaim your family's honor but was ambushed and murdered by Krutoj. You and your nephew, both children, are all that is left of the House of Nakonid. You're the only Christian Pomeranian ruler in the world, with access to their Light Cavalry retinues. Even many of your courtiers are pagans. Your county is pagan. Your neighbors are Denmark (who have a de jure claim on you from day 1), the HRE (who have a de jure claim on you as soon as the Duke of Saxony saves up the money to form the Duchy of Holstein), and your arch-enemy Krutoj (who, as pagan duke of Mecklenburg, could launch a conquest CB on you as soon as he has the piety). Your only assets? A strong claim on the Duchy of Mecklenburg (good luck pressing it before someone holy wars them to oblivion), a capital with plenty of empty slots but 0-0-0 tech, and whatever you can beg, steal or borrow. Oh, and the motivation to track down Krutoj and say "My name is Henrik Nakonid. You killed my father (also my brother). Prepare to die!"
- Historically, Henrik was able to murder Krutoj with the help of Krutoj's wife, and then established a powerful Christian Wendish state. His sons, in true CK2 style, started fighting each other, and the whole thing fell apart; reverting to paganism and eventually getting hit with the Wendish Crusade. Can you do better?
- 拉米罗 希梅纳(Ramiro Jimena)，纳赫拉伯爵，1066.9.15：Nájera starts in a precarious position - the lone County serving King Antso IV in the middle of the boiling pot. You're a Castillian in a Basque province, which gives you interesting options. Firstly, you can ahistorically attempt to cultivate the Basque culture for their unique bonus of Absolute Cognatic succession. This not only allows daughter heirs over sons, useful if your daughters are better stateswomen but also allows you to title female courtiers - and clever use of marriage of influential male vassals with bad stats allows you to draw very, very useful stateswomen to your court. Alternatively, you can just attempt to take over with your Castillian culture - it's certainly much more widespread as you expand. While you don't have the King of Aragon's de jure claims for possible expansion, you do have a strong claim for your entire Kingdom! While this seems minor, Navarra has a de jure claim over Viscaya, and you can gobble up some territory against weak Muslim emirates nearby, and possibly claim a duchy to allow you to eventually take over Barcelona. A fun, difficult start with tons of options.
- 安佐七世 “强大者”(Antso VII 'The Strong')，纳瓦拉国王，1194.6.27：Antso (Sancho) VII was an interesting person historically. Suffering from gigantism, he was a warrior of exceptional repute, being 2.2 meters tall when he passed away. In-game terms, you are merely a "tough soldier" when you start your career. Your realm is small but kingship gives you right of conquest to a large area of Spain. Can you repeat what Antso did historically and help to drive Muslims back to the southern tip of the Iberian peninsula?
- 让娜一世 德 布卢瓦(Jeanne I de Blois)，纳瓦拉女王，1274 或 1285末：She began her reign when she was 1 year old in 1274, and she was married (very young) in late 1285. Play as her when she's a child so you can marry as you wish, or play when she's married to the King of France in 1285 (you may have to seek a divorce).
Northumbria, Kingdom of
- Ælla/e, King of Northumbria, 867: There's kicking the hornet's nest, and then there's nuking whatever ungodly breeding pit Ragnarr Lodbrok and his sons crawled out of. Having invited the wrath of the Great Heathen Army on not only yourself but the other kingdoms of England too, it'll take a lot more than a snake pit simply to save yourself from being made into a blood eagle. Can you call the bluff of these glorified bandits and throw them back across the sea, or will the hordes of ravening pagans have their vengeance?
- 哈拉尔德三世 “无情者”英格林(Harald III 'Hardrada' Yngling)，1066.9.15 September 1066：See Norway walkthrough.
- King Hakon (the Good) of Norway, 936: Young Hakon is 16 years old as he lands in Norway. Raised by King Æthelstan of England, he has now returned to his take up overlordship of his country. Not long ago his half-brother Erik Bloodaxe killed two of their other brothers and took control of the land, but he has recently been thrown out by the Norwegian Jarls. Still brooding in the north of Scotland with his army, he can still be seen as a threat to Hakon's rule, but he is not the most immediate one. As a Catholic, Hakon is certain to be in trouble as all his vassals follow the old ways, as does his pagan neighbours to the north and east.
- 罗贝尔 “伟岸者”诺曼底(Robert 'Curthose' de Normandie)e，1066.9.15：Begin at Stamford Bridge as a 12-year-old Count, eldest son and heir of William de Normandie. Already with a slew of negative traits, expect miserable diplomatic ability as an adult, and - whatever comes of the Norman Conquest - you will be constantly battling your two younger brothers, vying to remain the heir. Through careful marriage, you could form alliances with other families - but of course, the risk is choosing someone small enough to not be a threat, but big enough to be a help in any disputes with your brothers. In real life, his long-running discord with his brothers and father (three kings, no less!) was possibly the most significant factor in ending the de Normandie dynasty. He went to war against all three of his closest male relatives, every time his miserable people skills costing him the throne (and general unreliability as he was quite a lazy, entitled sod). Impulsive, begrudging, and proud, but with all the social graces of a chamber pot at high tide, he was eventually imprisoned by one of his brothers and died only a year before his youngest brother (King Henry I), ending the line of de Normandie forever. Robert was a front line warrior, better suited to the battles of arms than politics, and his fate showed this.
- 扎克珀 奥尔西尼，奥尔维也托伯爵，1066.9.15：别让你的领主教宗剥夺你的唯一一个伯爵领，打拼出足够的钱用以从教宗处独立并建立你的独立国家
- 博莱斯瓦夫 “英勇者”皮雅斯特(Boleslaw 'the Bold' Piast)，波兰国王，1066.9.15：This start can go various ways. His realm has about 20 de jure provinces, made up of five duchies of varying power. You can expand anywhere you want.
- 卡齐米日三世 “伟大者”皮雅斯特(Kazimierz III 'the Great' Piast)，波兰国王，1333：The only Polish king in history to both receive and keep the 'Great' nickname - can you make him worthy of it? Secure the borders to the West against the HRE and some Bohemians with claims, possibly fend off the Golden Horde, take on the Lithuanian pagans, and have the option to plot against the Teutonic Order and start a succession crisis that could land you the other half of the de jure Lithuanian kingdom. (Playing as Kazimierz's father Wladyslaw is also a fun setup; just start on the day of Kazimierz's birth 30 Apr 1310 to make sure you have that little genius.)
- 莱谢克“白公爵”皮雅斯特(Leszek 'the White' Piast)，波兰国王，1206.1.1：Leszek 'the White' became King in this year. You can also play as his brother who is a child duke in 1195.
- 波洛茨克公爵，蒙古剧本：You start as a Lithuanian Catholic, with claims on the nearby Duchy of Lithuania. Your uncle holds that, and he's Orthodox. You can form Lithuania fairly easily, and then try to drive out the Germans/hold back the Mongols. Alternatively, swear fealty to the Mongols and destroy them from within.
- 波美拉尼亚公爵，1122 或 1136：Two start dates with a Pomeranian, Catholic ruler. You are independent, and the entire Pomeranian coast is still occupied by pagans (except your lands). If you are quick, you can grab the rest of the coast before the Germans/Poles/Scandinavians. Much easier now that the Kaiser doesn't have de jure claims.
- 查理 德 安茹(Charles d'Anjou)，安茹伯爵，1246 - Invades Sicily in 1266
- 马尔科姆三世 邓凯尔德(Malcolm III Dunkeld)，苏格兰国王，1066.9.15：Start with just one county (and a Kingdom) and forge the reputation of the great 'Canmore' or 'Longneck' -referring quite personally to his leadership style. He is also considered the progenitor of a branch of the family that ruled Scotland until 1286. His wife was the beatified Saint Margaret so be nice (or not).
- 玛格丽特 “少女”英格林(Margaret 'the Maid' Yngling)，苏格兰女王，1287-1290：an interesting character to play as, this young girl was the only heir to Alexander III, and as she, unfortunately, died at the age of 7 of sea-sickness on the voyage to Scotland from her native Norway, her death led to complete chaos that culminated in King Edward invading Scotland. In-game you can change this young girl's fate, and make her into a Queen worth remembering.
- 罗伯特 德 布鲁斯(Robert de Brus)，苏格兰国王，1296：Yep, that's him, Robert the Bruce. Can you too take advantage of Edward II to raise Scotland to new heights, and can you, unlike the Bruce, leave an heir who can continue the dynasty and cement Scotland as a power in Europe?
- 戈斯帕特里克 邓巴(Gospatrick Dunbar)，洛锡安公爵，1066.9.15：Gospatrick is a vassal of King Malcolm III and his realm straddles the Scottish Lowlands. You have numerous options here, such as backing one of the King's relatives as a pretender, attempting to take the throne yourself (quite possible via elective succession or a strong faction), expanding into Northumberland whilst England is in chaos, or simply remaining loyal to the Dunkelds and hoping to be rewarded for your efforts. All in all, a very interesting position. Used in GOTW:
- Attain Kingdom of Scotland
- Maintain a Celtic (Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Breton) culture.
- Add the De Jure Duchies of Orkney and Northumberland to your realm.
- Add 2 of the three Celtic De Jure kingdoms other than Scotland to your realm. Ireland, Brittany, Wales.
- Ensure that Celts rule the British Isles in their entirety. Conquering England to achieve this goal is allowed.
- Claim 3 of the following De Jure duchies: Normandy, Flanders, Slesvig, Sjaelland, Vestlandet, Ostlandet
- 马利森坦(Mael Snechtai)，马里公爵，1066.9.15：last of the relatives of the infamous Macbeth. Can you retake the Scottish throne through murder and deceit, and can you, unlike Macbeth, keep it?
- 索默莱德 索尔肋(Somerled Somhairle)，南岛公爵/阿盖尔公爵，1156.1.1：A Scottish vassal to a Norwegian Duke, in 1156 Somerled has taken half the Kingdom of the Isles from his brother-in-law and is poised to root the Norwegians out of Western Scotland. The historical Somerled was slain in the Battle of Renfrew in 1164. Some say he died in battle, others through treachery. Lead this ambitious man to an ahistorical and enduring reign in Scotland.
- 兰多四世 迪 阿基诺(Lando IV di Aquino)，卡普阿伯爵，1092：Last Lombard prince in Italy. Try to expel the Hautevilles of the Kingdom of Sicily and recover the ancient lands that are under the domain of the Holy Roman Empire.
- 康斯坦丝(Constance)，西西里女王，1190s (date?)：The last of the old Norman dynasty and mother of Frederick II.
- 罗伯特一世 德 欧特维尔(Robert I d'Hauteville)，阿普利亚公爵，1066：Not as challenging as many starts, but the family is a popular choice. Croatia offers an expansion opportunity in the north. John Julius Norwich has written a great 2-volume history of the family. See Apulia walkthrough.
- 阿尔比妮娅 德 欧特维尔(Albinia d'Hauteville)，莱切与塔兰托女伯爵，1205：a 16-year-old widow (tough life, I guess, but he died a "natural death" at 41, so it might be a Nelson Rockefeller thing) if you start in 1205. Can you reclaim the Kingdom of Sicily for the family?
- 博埃蒙 德 欧特维尔(Bohemond d'Hauteville)，安条克亲王，1098.6.3与塔兰托伯爵，1090.1.1：Your family are Norman adventurers who conquered southern Italy, and if the Alexiad speaks true, you're a pretty wily, scary man yourself. Your options for expansion are plentiful, you can swear fealty to the HRE if you're threatened, but why would you? Bohemond historically came close to defeating the great Alexios I Komnenos, so why should you achieve anything less? You can turn your minor principality/duchy into a great empire in a relatively short amount of time, you can return to your Viking roots and launch endless brutal naval raids on the Muslim populations of North Africa, or you can go after Byzantium if you want to succeed where the real Bohemond failed. And if you do swear fealty to the HRE, you can assassinate or conquer your way to the unification of Italy (Matilda of Tuscany being an especially appealing opportunity for peaceful expansion), you've got multiple opportunities to make alliances and inherit lands because you have so many eligible children and won't have to wait a generation to breed your way to a sizeable family, you can even follow in Bohemond's footsteps and establish the Principality of Antioch. What's not to like?
- 曼弗雷德 冯 霍亨施陶芬(Manfred von Hohenstaufen)，西西里国王，1258：The legitimised bastard son of Frederick II, who has inherited the Kingdom of Sicily from him (and the Papal enmity that comes with it). Playable from at least 1258. Will you establish colonies in Albania/Greece or just live the lush life with the hunting hawks? Will you crush the Italian Guelphs at Montaperti? It's up to you. IRL he was killed in Benevento, Campania in 1266, Charles triumphant.
- 科拉迪诺（康拉德二世） 冯 霍亨施陶芬(Corradino (Konrad II) von Hohenstaufen)，西西里国王，1254-1258，施瓦本公爵，1258后：the rightful king of Sicily (1254-1258) until the usurpation of Manfred and the Guelph party, and later Duke of Swabia. He was something of a teenage superstar in Ghibelline Italy but was taken prisoner by Charles after Tagliacozzo in 1268. Will you content yourself with your German possessions and fight in Imperial politics or will you try to take back your rightful titles in Sicily? Or will your days as the 13th century Justin Bieber end as they did historically, on the receiving end of an executioner's axe in Naples?
- 斯滕希尔 斯滕希林(Stenkil Stenkiling)，瑞典国王，1066.9.15：Your northern vassals remain true to the old ways, while you and your southern vassals have adopted Christianity. Your half-brother Erik, commonly known as 'the Heathen' rivals you in power and ambition, and might make a move for the throne. Will you stay true to the One True Faith, or bow once more to Oðinn?
- 比尔格尔 比耶尔博(Birger af Bjälbo (Birger Jarl))，东约特兰公爵，1214.5.16：He's said to have built Stockholm and led the Second Swedish Crusade into Finland.
- 露西娅 德 普瓦图(Lucia de Poitou)，的黎波里女公爵，1287.10.19：The last (Christian) ruler of Tripoli and sister of Bohemond VII. She is married to Narjot of Toucy, a rather useless baron. A hard start since the Mamluks are ready to pounce on the remaining Crusader states.
- 罗德里戈 迪亚斯 德 比瓦尔(Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar)，瓦伦西亚伯爵，1094.1.1: Yes, that's him, El Cid, Count of Valencia. With his spectacular martial skill, the nearby Muslim minors are easy prey, but the Almohads (and the Castilians) are dangerous neighbors.
- 希梅娜 迪亚斯(Jimena Diaz)，1099-1102：She's El Cid's widow.
- 罗德里 “伟大者” 阿伯弗劳(Rhodri 'the Great' Aberffraw)，圭内思小型国王，867：Welsh Duke with 6 kids and 1 bastard, 0 prestige and 0 piety. But who knows, maybe you will be able to make him great? Oh. Nope. He already has 'the Great' nickname...maybe you could sire some more kids and place them on the various thrones? Oh. Nope. He's chaste...
- 马雷迪德二世 迪内弗尔(Maredudd II Dinefwr)，德赫巴思公爵，1066.9.15：You and the only other member of the Dinefwr dynasty are both over 50 years old, but once you produce an heir, you can instead concentrate on reclaiming your other de jure lands. From there, unite Wales and then the British Isles through conquest, marriage or both. As of 1.09, your task is easier as you now have a junior branch of the family who can continue the Dinefwr quest for glory.
- 布莱丁 马斯拉法尔(Bleddyn Mathrafal)，圭内思公爵，1066.9.15：You start with several children, a medium-sized duchy, and the ability to quickly form a kingdom. Unite Wales, defend against the English, and play the marriage game.
- 莱韦林二世 “伟大者” 阿伯弗劳(Llewellyn II 'the Great' Aberffraw)，圭内思公爵，1195：Historically, Llewellyn was the most successful of the Welsh princes who attempted to maintain sovereignty despite the Norman occupation. At the height of his power, he managed to control most of Wales and is one of only two Welsh rulers to ever be called 'Great'. Can you succeed where he did not, by forming a truly independent, Welsh Kingdom?
- 莱韦林三世 阿伯弗劳(Llewellyn III 'the Last' Aberffraw)，圭内思公爵，1246：An even more difficult start for the Welsh enthusiast is Llewellyn the Last. In 1246, you are a 12-year-old child who has just inherited the Duchy of Gwynedd, surrounded by the English under Henry III. Do you have what it takes to avoid the historical Llewellyn's gruesome fate and embarrassing moniker?
- 君士坦丁 杜克列宁(Constantine Dukljanin)，保加利亚国王，1071.8.26：Historically the famous enemy of the ERE, Constantine Bodin, he's a relative of the Serbian and Bulgarian dynasties that reigned over the Balkans before Basil II. You just have two provinces at the start (only one is in your demesne); the rest of your Kingdom is under the control of the ERE which also looks greedily on your lands. The Pechenegs, Hungarians and others will also prove difficult to deal with. In real life, Peter's kingdom survived only for a year before it was disestablished by the ERE. Good luck with uniting the Balkans and raising Bulgaria and Serbia to become world powers!
- 卡洛扬一世 阿森(Kaloyan I Asen)，保加利亚国王，拉丁帝国剧本：He was a man with an axe to grind, and he habitually ground it into the Latin Empire and the Byzantines. This is the man who resurrected the Bulgarian Empire, although the game rightfully calls him king (although he requested an imperial title, Pope Innocent III thought King of Bulgaria and Wallachia was enough). If you wait until they are distracted you can press Kaloyan's claims on the Latin Empire's lands early and you have plenty of directions to expand into (if you don't want to limit yourself to slaying Romans). Kaloyan starts with a strange cultural dynamic as well, his Wallachian territory is ruled by a Tengrist Cuman, presumably to represent his Cuman general who eventually assassinated him. Used in CKII GOTW:
- Destroy the Latin and Byzantine Empires
- Unite all South Slavic cultured provinces under your banner
- Convert to an Orthodox Heresy
- Convert all provinces in your kingdom to your religion
- Convert Constantinople
- 伊瓦廖 巴尔多夫卡(Ivajlo Bardokva)，保加利亚国王，1279：The legendary Ivajlo the Cabbage. He was an illiterate pig-herder who seized the Bulgarian Throne, and, for a brief time at least, held off the Byzantines and the Golden Horde. You start as the sole member of House Bardokva (which roughly translates as 'House Lettuce'). Your stats are poor, and you're surrounded by enemies. But your rank as King opens useful marriage alliances, and you're ideally positioned to capitalize on the woes of a weakening Byzantine Empire. Just make sure you treat your high-born wife a bit better than the real Ivajlo did.
- Tsar Peter of the Bulgarian Empire, 936: Son of the first Emperor of Bulgaria, he is the heir to a strong legacy. To the south and east is the Byzantine Empire, the Bulgarians have a long history fraught with conflicts and interactions with them. To the north, the Hungarians have pushed into the Carpathian Basin, and taken huge chunks of land that used to be under Bulgarian rule. As an extra note here, the Bulgarian Empire is actually a DeJure Empire in the 936 start, spanning the Kingdoms of Bulgaria and Wallachia.
- 阿莱克修斯 科穆宁(Alexios Komnenos)，拜占庭帝国巴西琉斯，1081 (阿莱克修斯传剧本）：Bring the Empire back from its defeat at the hands of the Seljuks - and who could be better suited to the task than the subject of the famed 'Alexiad'? See also: Roman Empire walkthrough.
- 阿莱克修斯四世 安耶洛斯(Alexios IV Angelos)，拜占庭帝国巴西琉斯，1203.7.18：The man who destroyed the Eastern Roman Empire and led Constantinople to destruction. After his uncle, Alexios III seized the throne from his father Isaakios II, young Alexios was imprisoned, but later he managed to escape to the Holy Roman Empire. Years later, at the age of 20, he saw his chance - the Fourth Crusade was struggling with financial problems - the crusaders weren't able to pay Venice for ships to transport them to the Holy Land, so they were forced to seize the coastal city of Zara as payment for their debt. Alexios contacted the Doge and the crusaders in 1202 and promised them mountains of gold if they helped him become Emperor. Two years later, the crusaders were encamped near Constantinople's walls and Alexios IV, after completely emptying the treasury, refused to give the Latins any more gold. Deeply unpopular, he was soon deposed and imprisoned but not before that he severely deteriorated relations with the Westerners. In the end, the enraged crusaders looted Constantinople, committing an impressive array of atrocities in the process, and chose their own, Catholic claimant for the mantle of Roman Emperor, and the defeated Byzantine nobility scattered to form their own "Imperial" courts in the Empire's provincial cities. This was a disastrous blow from which the Empire never recovered: will you change the course of history and turn the reign of the worst Emperor Byzantium ever had into a time of peace and prosperity?
- 安德罗尼科斯一世 科穆宁(Andronikos I Komnenos)，拜占庭帝国巴西琉斯，1183-1185：A lifelong womaniser, Andronikos' real-life exploits before ascending to the purple were almost as outrageous as your average CK2 player's. This guy took as his mistresses first his niece, Eudokia (and was forced to leave Constantinople when her brothers tried to kill him) and later Theodora, the widowed Queen of Jerusalem and niece of his cousin, Emperor Manuel I. Together, Andronikos and Theodora spent much of the next decade gallivanting around the Middle East, running from Manuel's wrath, until Andronikos was finally forced to submit to Manuel and they were separated. After Manuel died, Andronikos sensed the weakness of the regency for Manuel's son, Alexios II, led by his unpopular Catholic mother, Maria of Antioch, and returned to Constantinople with imperial ambitions. His arrival was occasioned by a massacre of Latins which, depending on who you ask, he either failed to stop or instigated himself. He poisoned Alexios II's older half-sister and her husband, and eventually usurped the regency from Maria. Having neutralised all of Alexios' potential supporters, Andronikos then forced the boy to sign his own mother's death warrant, name him co-emperor, and had him strangled shortly after. His reign was marked by increasing paranoia culminating in the seemingly indiscriminate killing of aristocrats and ended with him being tortured and torn apart by an angry mob in the Hippodrome. Can you take this old rascal and turn his reign into the beginning of the next stage of the Komnenian Restoration, rather than its end?
- 君士坦丁 安耶洛斯(Konstantinos Angelos)，萨摩斯将军，1108：Founder of the infamous Angelos dynasty, whose disastrous rule virtually destroyed the Byzantine Empire. Young commander of the Imperial Fleet from Philadelphia in Asia Minor, Konstantinos was handsome but of lowly origin. He married Theodora Komnenos, daughter of Alexios I Komnenos and had three sons: sebastokrator John, Alexios Angelos, famous for erecting a church in Nerezi, and Andronikos Angelos, whose son Isaakios deposed Andronikos Komnenos in 1185 and was proclaimed the Emperor, thus starting the brief and chaotic rule of the Angelos dynasty. Their calamitous rule between 1185 and 1204 led ultimately to the sack of Constantinople by the Fourth Crusade, creation of Latin Empire and disintegration of Byzantium into several weak Greek states like the Despotate of Epirus and Empire of Trebizond. Every emperor of the Angelos dynasty was either deposed or killed and their reign is seen by historians today as the death knell of the Byzantine Empire. Will you change history and secure the prosperity of the Byzantium under the rule of Angelos dynasty?
- 阿卢西安(Alusian)，美索不达米亚将军，1066：Son of the last ruler of the First Bulgarian Empire, Ivan Vladislav. Alusian rebelled in 1040 against the Byzantines in Bulgaria, together with his cousin Peter Delyan, but in the end, betrayed his kinsman by blinding him and defecting to the Byzantines. In return for his treachery, he was pardoned by the Emperor and rewarded with the title of magistros. He has a strong claim on the Kingdom of Bulgaria, so you can make it an independent country again. If you survive the Seljuk invasion of course.
- 约安尼斯二世 科穆宁(Ioannes II Komnenos)，拜占庭帝国巴西琉斯，1118.8.15：Son of the great Alexios Komnenos and the greatest of the Komnenoi. His reign saw a virtually non-stop campaign to reclaim what was lost at Manzikert, and along with his brilliant lieutenant John Axouchos, he succeeded, bringing the Komnenian Restoration to its height. Though overshadowed by his father and son, in no small part due to his jealous sister slamming him in the Alexiad, his 25-year reign was the most successful. Perhaps a player can outdo him?
- 伊萨基奥斯 科穆宁(Isaakios Komnenos)，安条克将军，1066：Try to start the Komnenian restoration before Manzikert.
- 尼基弗鲁斯 梅利森诺(Nikephoros Melissenos)，希腊将军，1066：Historically, he seized Asia Minor and declared himself emperor before ultimately becoming a loyal servant to Alexios I Komnenos. In-game, he holds the County of Athens, which has some ridiculously high technology.
- 利昂一世 佩贡尼特斯(Leon I Pegonites)，塞浦路斯将军，1066.9.15：Starts with the duchy of Cyprus, split into the counties of Famagusta and Limassol. There are two or three single county Muslim leaders in nearby Syria and Jerusalem as targets for expansion, but mostly an opportunistic Strategos will be looking for the correct opportunity to strike against the Fatimid Sultanate, which will conquer many lands. You will often lose land without having any say about the matter as the Fatimids formulate claims to your hard-won counties. Your position as an island gives you good protection from any holy wars, and the protection of the Empire should ensure you last for a century at least (provided you're willing to stay loyal). Probably the most interesting thing about this start is that it is very difficult to quickly amass land. To combat the much more powerful leaders in this part of the world, you are forced to find ways to generate massive amounts of income relative to your stature so that you can afford to hire hosts of mercenaries, whilst building up your castles with the view of increasing your own (limited) levy. Good players will quickly find themselves in possession of 4 or 5 counties as the individual Muslim Sheikhs fall to them, but much of what you do will depend on your Emperor's own ability as a ruler. Weak Emperors will lose land very quickly to the Fatimids, which will leave you waiting for internal factionalism (possibly brought on by assassinations *hint hint*) in the Fatimid Sultanate to target weak sheikhs and emirs.
- 尼基弗鲁斯 巴列奥略(Nikephoros Palaiologos)，伊庇鲁斯将军，1066.9.15：First playable ruler of the later famous Palaiologos dynasty that ruled the Byzantine Empire from the reconquest of Constantinople in 1261 up until its demise.
- 贝拉 阿帕德(Béla Árpád)，波斯尼亚将军，1165 - Note: Later becomes king of Hungary as Béla III
- 拉米多尔 科米特布洛斯(Radomir Kometopoulos)，杜罗斯托鲁姆伯爵，1066.9.15或1081：Another descendant of the last Bulgarian kings. He has a claim on the Duchy of Turnovo, is the heir of his brother - the count of Constantia - who has turned Greek, and is also an ally of the Strategos of Armenia. As a grandson of one of the last Bulgarian kings you start in both 1066 Scenario and 1081 with a claim on Turnovo, and brothers who are rulers in Karvuna. The obvious aim is to lead a rebellion against the Empire, as one of the few remaining Bulgarian characters in the game.
- 加吉克 巴格拉季奥尼(Gagik Bagrationi)，吕坎多斯伯爵，1066.9.15：The last Bagrationi king of Armenia, now dethroned and given a "pension" in Armenia Minor to live off for the rest of his days. Historically he and his two sons died because of intrigue and plots, but it is possible to reclaim your ancestral title. Also, your daughter is married to the king of Georgia.
- 彼得罗斯 托耳尼刻斯(Petros Tornikes)，托尔托萨伯爵，1066-1068：Other characters are for weaklings who want high stats or easy expansion opportunities. House Tornikes doesn't baby you with such things. It offers you the chance to play as an insignificant count at the utmost extremity of Christianity and the Byzantine Empire. Claw your to greatness with sheer determination for nothing will be given to you. When you finally raise your dynasty to the purple you will know that you earned it, damnit.
- 利昂 第欧根尼(Leon Diogenes)，莫奈姆瓦夏伯爵，1086 - Note: Strong claim on Byzantine Empire
- 艾芙多吉娅 迈柯恩保洛斯(Eudokia Makrembolitissa)，拜占庭帝国巴塞丽莎，1067.6-12：The widow of Konstantinos X, serving as regent for her inept son, Michael VII. She has non-dynastic heirs, and she's 37 (in-game...she was 46 or so in real life) - get a better heir before it's too late!
- 利昂 福卡斯(Leon Phokas)，塞琉西亚伯爵，867：You are the founder of the Phokas Family and great-grandfather of Emperor Nikephoros II, who was a brilliant military leader and known as "the Pale Death of the Saracens". Starting as a count in Cilicia bordering many minor Muslim principalities, you have much more room for expansion than other Strategoi in the empire. Try to slowly build up your power base in Asia Minor and eventually seize the throne, and have a longer reign than Nikephoros II.
- 尼基弗鲁斯 布里恩尼乌斯(Nikephoros Bryennios)，基比拉奥特将军，1066：Historically, Nikephoros Bryennios was a prominent general who rebelled against Michael VII Doukas in 1077. He almost succeeded by defeating the army of Alexios Komnenos in Battle of Kalavrye, but the betrayal of Pecheneg mercenaries turned the tide of battle and his ambition was crushed at last. Can you change his fate and establish a new dynasty?
- Basileus Romanos of the Byzantine Empire, 936: Romanos of the Lekapenos dynasty is the co-emperor of the Byzantine Empire, together with Konstantinos of the Makedon dynasty (he holds Nikomedeia and Herakleia), but he is the elder of the two and functionally the one calling the shots. Though the Byzantine Empire has been through a rough ride lately, they have recently come to a peace agreement with their northern neighbours in Bulgaria, and the Muslims are shattering at their southern and eastern fronts. With the rise of the many Shia and Sunni rulers (the Fatimids, the Buyids, the Sallarids, the Jannabids, the Hamdanids, the Ikhshidids, the Al-Thamalis etc) in the vacuum left by the weakened Abbasid Caliphate, the Byzantine Empire are poised to take back some of their ancient lands as their enemies are busy fighting one another.
- 巴格拉特四世 巴拉格季奥尼(Bagrat IV Bagrationi)，格鲁吉亚国王，1066.9.15：Sandwiched between the three major powers of the ERE, Cumans and Seljuk Turks, fight your way out, taking opportunities when civil wars consume the larger states to grab land, then brace yourself for the inevitable Mongol invasion.
- 大卫四世 “建国者” 巴格拉季奥尼(David IV 'the Builder' Bagrationi)，格鲁吉亚国王，1089：known for developing administration and education in Georgia and fighting back the Seljuk Turks.
- 塔玛丽“伟大者”巴格拉季奥尼(Tamar (Tamari) 'the Great' Bagrationi)，格鲁吉亚女王，1184：She expanded Georgia, brought on a golden age, and is responsible for the creation of the Empire of Trebizond - try to outdo the real-life queen. Maybe take over...the nearby Seljuks? You may also be able to play as her daughter Rusudan between 1223 and 1245.
- 亚历山大一世 留里克(Alexander I Rurikovich)，基辅公爵，1247：他以亚历山大 涅夫斯基和圣亚历山大之名更为人知。毫无疑问，他是俄罗斯中世纪历史上最重要的君主之一。 涅夫斯基成功地保护了诺夫哥罗德免受瑞典人和条顿骑士团攻击(并在著名的冰上之战中击败了后者)。尽管向蒙古入侵者称臣，但他远见卓识的政策和与撒里答汗不可思议的友谊使他在1252年统治了弗拉基米尔大公国，后来的莫斯科大公国，俄罗斯帝国的基础。 在游戏里的1247年，他刚刚继承了基辅大公国，并且是金帐汗国的附庸，拥有高达22点的军事能力和自己的一条血脉。强大的金帐汗国看起来不可战胜，但拔都一旦驾崩，独立的机会就来了。是要提前独立，整合留里克家族的领地，还是要留在金帐汗国内部，如历史上那样，维持和蒙古领主的友谊？全由你来决定。你能超过他历史上的功绩吗？
- 瓦伊斯维尔卡斯(Vaisvilkas)，立陶宛国王，1264：Son of Mindaugas, he truly embraced orthodox faith. Playing a ruler of a pagan realm caught in between the Catholic Teutonic Order and the Tengri Golden Horde, might not wisest of decisions. Would you convert to one of three or would you persist no matter what? In real life, Vaisvilkas couldn't handle the rule, abdicated and went into the monastery, but you can avoid such fate and keep Mindaugas dynasty ruling.
- 什瓦恩纳斯(Svarnas)，立陶宛国王，1267：The guy to whom Vaisvilkas has abdicated, and son of Daniil (see below). Not only you are Orthodox king of a pagan realm, but you're also Russian king of Lithuania, and your neighbours are just as scary. However, you, as the son of Daniil, inherited claims on his old domain, and, with a bit of work, can become legitimate king of Ruthenia. Will you free those lands from Mongols ahead of the schedule?
- 夫谢斯拉夫“先知”(Vseslav 'the Seer')，波洛茨克公爵，1066.9.15：Real Vseslav was not eligible to rule Kievan Rus, but that didn't stop him from trying. Can you do better and claim the throne when your duchy is not de jure Ruthenia? Used in CKII GOTW:
- Remain Orthodox or Orthodox heretic
- Form the de jure kingdoms of Lithuania and Ruthenia
- Obtain the rank of Emperor. Any Empire-level title fulfils this requirement.
- Ensure that an Orthodox or Orthodox heretic member of House Rurikovich other than yourself rules in four of the following kingdoms: Poland, Bohemia, Pomerania, Hungary, Wallachia, Bulgaria, Taurica, Serbia. Note: Unlike some previous challenges, the de jure territory is irrelevant. This challenge is asking for the king titles themselves. Also, these kings may be under you as Emperor.
- Add all of the following de jure duchies to your realm: Uppland, Östergötland, Småland, Skåne, Sarkel
- 斯维亚托波尔克 留里克(Sviatopolk Rurikovich)，扎奥焦里耶伯爵，1066.9.15：It's tough to be a bastard. Your dad and uncles rule the lands of Kievan Rus, and you are stuck lording over a bunch of pagans in a county that never existed. To add insult to injury, your liege is your brother. Can you climb from the shores of the Onega to the throne of Kiev? Real Sviatopolk could.
- 丹尼尔 留里克(Daniil Rurikovich)，加利奇大公（1211）或沃里尼亚大公（1220）：While not reflected in the game, Daniil Rurikovich of Galicia-Volhynia was the first ruler to actually create the title of the Kingdom of Ruthenia (usually referred to as the "Kingdom of Rus" or "Kingdom of Galicia-Volhynia"), later inherited by the Polish kings and Muscovite grand dukes. Starting his "rule" as a mere child, with his mother as the regent, Daniil and his brother Vasylko were quickly ousted by the scheming lords, while the realm of Galicia-Volhynia that Roman the Great built was lost. Living in exile in Hungary, it took many years for Rurikovich brothers to get back their rightful titles, with Daniil taking over Galich, while Vasylko remained his brother's vassal prince in Volhynia. Daniil swiftly became the most influential ruler in southern Ruthenia, even establishing control over the capital city of Kiev...only for the Mongols to come down on all Ruthenian principalities. Despite all odds under the Mongol yoke, Daniil balanced between the roles of both a vassal and an enemy of Batu Khan, defeating the hordes of Kuremsa and forging an alliance with the northern principalities, the Teutonic Order, the Hungarians and the Pope, which almost resulted in a full-blown crusade against the Golden Horde. Although never casting off the yoke completely, Daniil's realm still prospered, with the construction of new capital cities like Chelm and Lviv, the boost of trade, protected from the Mongol raiders, the expansion of borders on all fronts - all of that made the Kingdom of Ruthenia/Rus a regional powerhouse.
- Remain Orthodox or become Catholic (paradoxically, Daniil embraced both ways of Christianity in his bid for the crown from the Pope, while staying true to the faith of his vassals)
- Take control of the duchies of Galich, Lesser Poland, Ungvar, Volhynia, Grodno, Turov, Kiev and Moldau
- Form the de jure Kingdom of Ruthenia
- Depending on the starting date, either break free from or drive off the Mongols
- Establish your dynasty or otherwise tie into one alliance the Kingdoms of Poland, Hungary, Wallachia and Lithuania
- 尤里(Yuriy)，加利奇大公（1323）：You are first Piast and the last independent ruler of Galich before it was inherited into Poland due to absence of heirs. With Piast dynasty dying off a couple of years later, can you change the fate and maybe even realize Daniils dreams?
- 斯特凡 内马尼奇(Stefan Nemanjic)，塞尔维亚国王，1196: First king of Serbia. There is a really interesting family dynamic. Because your father abdicated, he is still hanging around. You older brother wants to claim your title (historically, Stefan I gave the title to Stefan II rather than going by primogeniture, thus causing some drama). Also, Bulgaria is big, but the Byzantine Empire is falling apart to the south. There are a lot of internal and external vulnerabilities.
- 乌罗什四世 “强大者” 内马尼奇(Uros IV 'the Strong' Nemanjic)，塞尔维亚国王，1337：Roflstomp anything in sight (with the weakest Christian Balkan country at game start), create a power-base in Thessaly, Bulgaria and Albania to snatch Croatia from Hungary, conquer Tsargrad and unlike the real Uros, raise a son who can keep your Serbian Empire.
- 格雷戈里俄斯 斯巴达诺斯(Gregorios Spartenos)/塞尔吉奥斯 斯巴达诺斯(Sergios Spartenos)，尼亚波利斯伯爵，867/1066.9.15：You are an aging Greek Orthodox one-province count. In 867, you've got Lombards, Franks and Muslims to deal with, most of them more powerful than you, to say nothing of the fact that most of your sons are celibate. In 1066, it's Normans, the Pisans, the Genoese and Muslims. In both starts, the Pope (and Rome) is just two provinces away! But you know what? You can beat them all because THIS IS SPARTENOS! The easy way out, of course, is to swear fealty the ERE or whatever other powerful neighbors you can find, but why should you? There is immense satisfaction in becoming an independent Despot against all the odds.
特拉比松帝国 (Despotate in game)
- 阿莱克修斯 科穆宁(Alexios Komnenos)，特拉比松专制公,1205.1.1：He and his brother David survived the coup that killed their grandfather, Emperor Andronikos I, by escaping to the court of Queen Tamari of Georgia, their aunt. Tamari helped them invade the Black Sea coast to create a buffer state for Georgia against the Sultanate of Rum, and for the brothers to use as a springboard to retake the Byzantine throne. Historically, Alexios and David were never able to definitively defeat their rivals.
- Can you change history and make him the Emperor? And maybe start a second "Alexiad"? Or as a third option, you could create a stronger state than the old Byzantine Empire.
- 阿莱克修斯二世 科穆宁(Alexios II Komnenos)，特拉比松专制公，1321：Struggling to recreate that feeling of relentless existential dread that EU4 Trebizond provides? Look no further than 1321 Trebizond in CK2! Alexios "The Horribly Doomed" Komnenos has abysmal stats, no allies, resentful children, a capital that borders the Ilkhanate (which is at the height of its power), and 2 other provinces which border the Golden Horde (also near the height of its power); but don't worry, Trebizond is bordered by many hostile minor powers that will probably kill you first. Failure awaits!
- 巴西尔 科穆宁(Basileios Komnenos)，特拉比松专制公，1332-1337：You're in a precarious position, to put it mildly. I'm not even talking about all the Muslims surrounding you, although obviously, you're going to want to deal with them, too. Trebizond has seen a lot of dynastic struggles lately, and they don't look likely to end just yet. You've got a bunch of illegitimate children, a resentful spurned wife from Constantinople (who is widely believed to have historically poisoned you in revenge and usurped Trebizond for a time), an uncle with a claim and a cousin to inherit it from him, and your only other legitimate relatives are your unmarried sisters. So many people with claims, your spymaster's going to be busy. And so many possible paths to take just within your lifetime. Will you divorce that jealous Palaiologos viper, marry your true love and legitimise her children? Try and please your wife instead, and father legitimate heirs? Or let your sister Anna inherit, and see if you can do better than this reluctant nun-queen did historically? If Anna does inherit, there's an ideal, if old, husband waiting for her in Montferrat: Demetrios, uncle of the Byzantine Emperor and a claimant in his own right. Something to keep in mind.
- 狄奥多拉 科穆宁(Theodora Komnenos)，特拉比松女王，1284.1.1：In history, she usurped the throne from her brother with the help of her uncle, David of Georgia. After a year, her brother once again seized power and locked her up in a monastery. Can you reverse history and place her on the throne of Constantinople that had been lost by her ancestors?
- 尼诺斯拉夫 库利尼奇(Ninoslav Kulinic)，波斯尼亚公爵，1232：Ninoslav is a Bogomilist ruling other Bogomilists as a vassal of the Catholic king of Hungary and Croatia. The king will be eager to bring both Ninoslav and Bosnia into the fold, all the while underestimating his Croatian vassals' desire to break free from him. But the Catholic king is all that stands between Ninoslav and his aggressive Orthodox neighbours, Serbia and Bulgaria, who are even more keen to put an end to Bogomilism...and Bosnia. In real life, Ninoslav's decision to stand with his people and their faith meant that he faced a full-fledged crusade. Which of the two evils will you choose - loyalty to an untrustworthy Catholic liege or bitter war against Orthodox neighbours?
- 撒里答 孛儿只斤(Sartag Borjigin)，金帐汗国可汗，1255.1.2：You are the one true believer in a sea of heretics, pagans, and schismatics. You are the one scholar and theologian in a family of warriors. The real Khagan Sartag lasted barely a year. Good luck.
- 阿八哈 孛儿只斤(Abaga Borjigin)，伊儿汗国可汗，1279.1.1：Starting in 1279 you can play as a Nestorian Ilkhanate khagan who has a surprising number of Nestorian vassals as well. Familial problems do, however, persist, and your son stays true to the Old Ways. With a large number of pissed off vassals, an ageing ruler, and a son who doesn't follow his religion, it'll make for an interesting playthrough.
- 怯的不花 那颜(Kitbuqa Noyan)，阿勒颇大酋长，1260.1.1：You are left in charge of much of Northern Syria by your liege. Now, what path will you follow? Will you stay Nestorian or will you convert to your liege's religion? And then will you finish the Mamluks - or will they finish you?
- 登哈 雅赫卜安拉哈(Denha Yahballaha)，索科特拉埃米尔，867：Unfortunately, keeping Nestorian Socotra independent for as long as the real Socotrans did will be difficult, to say the least. In-game, your duchy is titular, and Socotra itself is part of the Duchy of Sanaa, meaning the Muslims over on the peninsula don't just have a CB against you, they have a choice of CBs against you. Everyone on the mainland has a bigger demesne then you, so you'll have to pick your target carefully and stay on the offensive. If you can survive and grow in the early years, Socotra is effectively the crossroads of the East in CK2, so you can expand wherever you want, Africa, Arabia, India, Persia, all of the above...not to mention Nestorianism has possibly the most fun Christian religion as its heresy.
- 帕克洪 巴什穆尔(Pakhom Bashmur)，达米埃塔谢赫，769：You control the only Coptic (Miaphysite) landed character in Egypt, You start with 2 counties, however to your right in the Sinai Peninsula none of the Sheiks (or Emir when the title is given) will be strong enough to repel your armies and is easy for the taking early game. The thing is, you start as a Christian character under the Abbasid Empire, and the only Christian landed character under the Sultanate of Egypt, this means that you’ll have virtually no allies and no aggression pacts with any of your neighbors at all early game since a Muslim won’t consider offers from infidels, that combined with the fact that the Sultan can revoke your titles at any point with no penalties makes this one of the hardest starts to the game. However as the descendant of the great native people of Egypt and as the only Miaphysite and Coptic Culture ruler around its practically your duty to restore the Egyptian Empire of oof and liberate your people from the Abbasids. From there it’s your playground to do with as you please, Retake the Middle Eastern And Sudanese land that Egypt controlled at its height, Or unite all the Miaphysite territories in Armenia and Nubia and Abyssinia and establish Miaphysitism as the true Christianity the possibilities are limitless!
- 扎卡利亚斯(Zakharias Azim)，马库利亚国王，867：You rule what is easily the most powerful realm in Nubia, with lots of small counties and chiefdoms just waiting to be conquered, with good traits and a young son to match. If you can buy the Tulunids off long enough to take some of Nubia's coastal provinces, you might just be able to declare yourself a true king of all Nubia. From there, the world is your oyster. Reestablish Miaphysite power by invading Egypt? Form the Empire of Abyssinia? You can do anything from here. And all it takes is some money, cunning, and a little bit of luck!
- 纳塞赫(Nerseh)，杰尔宾特公爵与其子阿尔巴尼亚伯爵斯特帕诺斯(Stepanos)，769：Your dynasty are descendants of the Arsacids and Sassanids, mighty dynasties which ruled the great antique empires of Persia. Now you are a vassal of a Bedouin Muslim in the mountains of Armenia. You are much stronger than him, and can gain independence easily, but can you survive when everywhere around you, there are hostile nations?
- 列翁二世 鲁本(Levon II Rubenid)，亚美尼亚公爵，第三次十字军开局：You start with good stats, but that's it. You have a four-county duchy with two vassals, which are luckily both Armenian and Miaphysite, and are de jure part of the Byzantine Empire which will attempt to vassalize you. Your other neighbour is an unusually strong Sultanate of Rum which, guess what, desires your land and holds the majority of Armenia's de jure territory, which at this point has been almost completely resettled with Turks. To add insult to injury, the remaining half of Armenia is divided between Saladin and Tamari the Great, both rulers of countries at their apogee. And even if you manage to grow, the Mongols will be at your door soon. Your character is not married and you should remedy this as soon as possible, seeing how your heir is your inept sister and you're already 37. The weak county of Antioch could prove a good starting point for expansion (should the Turks not decide to assimilate you on day one) and you can destroy the Hashshashin before the Mongols come. The objective? Unite all the Armenians, including the ones living in Jerusalem, before 1453.
- 列翁四世 海屯(Levon IV Hetoumi)，亚美尼亚国王，百年战争剧本：Continuing what seems to be a proud Armenian tradition (see Duke Levon II), your heir is your mediocre sister. But this time you're 41 years old, married and inept, and you obtained the crown by killing your kin. You directly control all the land in the "kingdom" (a 3-county glorified duchy) and have de jure claims on everything from Anatolia to Azerbaijan...which is mostly occupied by weak Turkish Beyliks, but also by the strong Eretnid dynasty. Can you make a kingdom to rival the Armenian kingdoms of antiquity and replace the Byzantine Empire as the main Christian force in Asia Minor? Or will the Egyptians conquer your lands as in real life? They'll certainly try, as they'll often holy war you immediately, so don't be afraid to call on Catholic Trinacria, a fellow one-duchy kingdom and your only ally.
- 扎贝尔（又称伊莎贝拉）(Zabel (aka Isabella))，亚美尼亚女王，1219-1252：It's probably best to play this one while she's a child to avoid playing through either of her two lousy marriages.
- 瓦拉姆 瓦拉努(Vahram Varajnuni)，安条克公爵，1071.8.26：Another one of those fortune-seekers after the battle of Manzikert, known to the Byzantines as Philaretos Brachamios. You are an independent Armenian duke of Antioch. The Seljuks are to your east and north, that makes 3 counts to your south and 2 dukes to your west your only expansion options early on. You can alternatively play him before Manzikert when he is the Strategos of Mesopotamia under the ERE.
- 格里戈尔 巴列维尼(Grigor Pahlavuni)，瓦斯普拉坎伯爵，1066：If Byzantium survives the Seljuk invasion successfully (which is luck of the draw and in your position, you can't do much to influence it), the fun starts! Try to expand within the Empire and when you are ready, wait for an opportunity and then break free to establish the independent Kingdom of Armenia under the Miaphysite faith. Try to do so before Armenia is culturally and religiously assimilated into the Greek Orthodox Byzantine Empire! It will not be easy - it is hard to find allies as an Armenian Miaphysite, and if the Emperor doesn't like you, he can start revoking any ducal titles you may have without penalty.
- 塔米姆 齐里(Tamim Zirid)，易弗里基叶苏丹，1066：Ifriqiya was the Zirids, the prize of their conversion to Sunni Islam and rebellion against the Fatimids. But it is theirs no longer. The Fatimids have bribed the Banu Hilal Bedouin tribes to invade your lands, and have succeeded in carving your domain into a series of Emirates each larger than the sliver of land that has remained under your rightful rule. To regain your birthright will take wise statesmanship, ruthless strategy, and an indomitable spirit. Succeed, and perhaps an entire continent will bear your name.
- 乌木尔一世(Umur I)，艾登苏丹，1336：You start with a single county on the western coast of Anatolia, with other Turkish rulers surrounding you, and the Christians to the west. Attempt to forge your realm in the Aegean Sea with holy wars against stronger Christian realms, to rival the nearby Ottomans in strength.
- 穆塔兹(Al-Mu'tazz)，阿拔斯（阿拉伯）帝国巴迪沙阿与逊尼派哈里发，867：Theoretically, Al-Mu'tazz should be the most powerful man in the Islamic world. But the youngest Caliph since the establishment of the institution is an indulgent wastrel; cruel, cynical, arbitrary, lustful and envious. He is beset by powerful vassals, ready to rebel, including his half-brothers Al-Muwaffak and Al-Mu'tamid. Historically, he was one of the Caliphs who ruled during the "Anarchy at Samarra" and his reign (and the reigns of his two predecessors) were marked by a tremendous loss of power by the Caliphs to regional emirs. Can you turn around the historical decline of the Caliphate? Alternatively, you can play as one of Al-Mu'tazz's arguably more deserving brothers, Al-Muwaffak or Al-Mu'tamid, and try to overthrow your corrupt ruler and claim the Caliphate for yourself. Note: May not be as easy as it looks.
- 阿里夫 咄夫哈尔(Aarif Dofharid)，佐法尔酋长，867：You start as an independent tribal chief on the shore of the Indian Ocean, and your neighbours, the tribe of Mahra, are ripe for conquest. That’s enough to form Hadrawmut and put you on a path to become the only merchant republic south of the Sinai, but beware: you’ll have to contend with the Abbasids, the Abyssinians, and potentially even the Pratiharans.
- Caliph Ar-Radi of the Abbasid Caliphate, 936: In the two earliest bookmarks, the Abbasid Caliphate is an impenetrable powerhouse, but in 936 they have fallen apart to infighting and lost almost all their importance. As they are barely holding on to their old core lands around Baghdad, they are surrounded by threats who want to take control of the Caliphate and its lands. Ar-Radi is often seen as the last of the real Caliphs, but even his rule was cut short at the age of 31 in the year 940.
- 艾哈迈德 哈夫斯(Ahmad Hafsid)，克里特埃米尔，936：Crete was conquered by exiles from Andalusia in 826, resulting in the Hafsid Emirate, until its reconquest by the Byzantine Empire in 961. During that time, it was a haven for Barbary pirates throughout the Mediterranean. The emirate mainly controlled the coast and the stronghold of Chandax (present-day Heraklion), so even though the ruling family is Berber and Sunni, the people are still Greek and Orthodox. At this date, you begin with extra event troops and ships to help you start. Can you keep the Byzantines at bay and establish a great pirate kingdom in some of the richest waters on the map?
- 莎贾尔 杜尔(Shajar al-Durr)（珍珠小枝），埃及苏丹娜，1250.1-1250.5：游戏里为数不多的女穆斯林统治者，游戏里她是亚美尼亚人。她是最后一位阿尤布苏丹的遗孀，后来嫁给了第一位马穆鲁克苏丹。因为穆斯林不允许入赘婚姻，所以最重要的事情是以某种方式延续你的血脉，皈依其他宗教并在埃及提高女权是最简单的方法
- 拜巴尔斯(Baibars)，埃及苏丹，1260.10.24-1277.1.30：The Turk who became a slave, the slave who became a general, the general who became a Sultan, the Sultan who brought down the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Baibars, thought to be a fair-skinned, blue-eyed Turk in life, was the Mamluk general who won the Battle of Ain Jalut, turning back the Mongol tide and showing, once and for all, that the Khans could be beaten. He then ascended to the Sultanate and continued his conquests against Armenia and the Crusader states, effectively ending the Catholic occupation of the Holy Land. In-game, Egypt is a powerhouse, headed by a strong, ambitious, brilliant strategist in the latter half of the prime of his life. It's an easy game, but a fun romp. And dominating the map as Baibars makes a little more sense than doing so as the Fatimids.
- 萨拉丁(Saladin)，亚历山大苏丹，1169.1.18：The famed Kurdish general and leader of Egyptian forces during the Third Crusade.
- Al-Ikhshid of the Ikhshidid Dynasty, 936: In the Iron Century bookmark, Al-Ikhshid has recently been granted the governorship of Egypt. He is a Sunni Sultan holding Egypt and huge parts of Syria, with tributaries to his north, south-east and south. He is bordering the Fatimids in the west, and the Jannabid Qarmatians to the east. In many ways, Al-Ikhshid and his dynasty is one of the powerhouses in at this start date, and will most likely play an important role. Historically speaking the Ikhshidid dynasty held Egypt for about 35 years, until they were invaded by the Fatimids who made it the capital of their newly founded Caliphate.
- 妈曼 可敦(Mämäm Khätun)，埃尔祖鲁姆贝勒巴彦，1191.1.1：Another one of those rare, female Muslim rulers. Can you survive amongst all those men?
- 吉亚斯 古尔(Ghiyath Ghurid)，古尔沙阿，1173.1.1：Play the zealous Islamic Shah, Start by taking down the Ghaznavid then you can go for your conquest of India. Can you establish the Sultanate of Delhi?
- 阿努什提金(Anushtigin)，乌古斯贝伊勒贝伊，1077.1.1：A founder of Khwarazmian Empire, you are a vassal of mighty Seljuk, starting with 2 de jure claim at north Turkestan. As Historically your power should grow even more powerful than your liege, Sultan of the Great Seljuk.
- 阿拉丁(Ala ad-Din)，1172.5.1：Anushtegin's descendants of the Khwarazmian Empire. Khwarazmid is now independent with the declining of the Seljuk Empire.
- 曼萨 穆萨(Mansa Musa)，马里曼萨,1312.1.1：Considered by many to be the wealthiest person ever. Before death, Musa amassed an estimated $400 billion from Mali's status as the producer of half of the world's gold and salt. He has nowhere near that sum in-game, but what's to stop you from making up the difference for him?
- 顿卡 西塞(Tunka Cisse)，加纳埃米尔，1066：Neither you nor your family has great stats or a great starting position. However, you are easily in the best position to form the kingdom of Mali, and if you can slowly dismantle the Almoravids to the north, you may yet become a presence on the world stage. Not to mention that they are the only neighbor you have, meaning that if you keep good relations, you can build in peace.
- 优素福一世 穆拉比特(Yusuf I Almoravid)，马拉喀什埃米尔，1066.9.15：El Cid's Moorish arch-enemy from many Reconquista stories. You start with all the riches of the Almoravid Sultanate in your hands, can easily acquire the crown by plotting, and have claims on all your Maghrebi neighbours. You can then expand North into al-Andalus, as Yusuf did historically. With the Almoravids' resources, completing the conquest of Spain or even breaching into Europe proper isn't much of a challenge, but he is a good choice of a character for less experienced players.
- 奥斯曼苏丹，1299或百年战争剧本：they show up in 1299 in Ankara but the 100 years war bookmark gives them better odds since the Byzantines are in a shambles. Can you conquer Anatolia, Greece, and most importantly the Imperial city before the game ends in 1453?
- 武什姆吉尔 齐雅尔(Vushmgir Ziyarid)，陀拔斯单总督，936：your brother was the last Zoroastrian ruler of note in Persia, who was determined to crush the Abbasid Caliphate and restore Sassanid Empire. His successful reign ended when his Turkish slaves murdered him. Now Persia is fractured, with different dynasties competing for the rulership of Eranshar. Will you continue your brothers legacy and attempt to restore Persia to its original faith?
- 拉齐娅 德里(Raziyya Ghulam), 德里（罗阇萨傥那）可敦，1236.11.20：作为唯三的女穆斯林统治者，为什么不试试印度唯一的一位呢？(For the hat-trick of female Muslim rulers, why not try the one and only Muslim woman to rule in India? )现实中的拉齐娅(她坚持要有男子气概，并且穿着打扮也像个男人)是她父亲指定的继承人。为了捍卫她的德里苏丹国头衔，她不得不与她的两位兄弟以及她的儿时玩伴交战。在游戏中，唯一真正的障碍是分发她最初持有的50块直辖领地，以及你多么不愿意让她无能的兄弟继承。但只要你挺过了最初的几年，整个印度都会成为你的盘中餐。
- 埃尔图鲁尔 加齐(Ertugrul Ghazi)，安卡拉贝伊，1266: the father of Osman Ghazi (founder of the Ottoman dynasty) lives as a vassal of Rum in 1266, he is the Bey of Ankara.
- 恰卡(Chaka)，伊兹密尔（士麦拿）埃米尔，1081-91：one of the quasi-independent (a vassal of Rum in-game) Turkish rulers that gained land in Asia Minor after the battle of Manzikert and the Turkish invasion of Anatolia. He was one of the most interesting Turkish characters during that time. Before 1081 he was raised in Constantinople, after being captured as a war prisoner by the Byzantine emperor Nikephoros III Botaneiates during some Byzantine campaign against the Turks in Asia Minor. He was even granted the title of protonobilissimos and served as one of the soldiers under Byzantine command. When Alexios I Komnenos took the Imperial throne, Chaka was stripped of all of his titles. Then he left the ERE and travelled back to Asia Minor, where he managed to take control of Smyrna, and conquer a sizeable territory, mostly on the west coast of Asia Minor. He was the first Turk to create a navy and engage in naval warfare (building ships in the ports of Smyrna and Ephesos, with the help of the Christians of those cities) and became a threat to Byzantine islands and offshore provinces. For the first time in many years, the Aegean Sea wasn't safe for the Byzantines.
- 凯库巴德一世(Kayqubad I)，罗姆苏丹，1220.1.1：Play as Kayqubad the Great, as weakened Seljuk dynasty can you control Anatolia, and hold incoming the Mongol horde?
- 基利杰 阿尔斯兰三世(Kilij Arslan III)，罗姆苏丹，1204.5.16：The Byzantine Empire has just shattered into numerous successor-states following the Fourth Crusade. Can you maneuver through the newly emerged political situation to complete the Turkish conquest of Anatolia? Or perhaps, more ambitiously, enact the full Ottoman conquests a good century before the Ottomans?
- 阿卜杜勒-穆明 穆瓦希德(Aba-al-Mu'min Almohad)，特莱姆森埃米尔，1145.1.1：Two decades of Almohad revolt, at last, begin to bear fruit. You are the chosen successor of El-Mahdi; destined to a Caliphate but an Emir for now. The Almoravid Sultans in the west continue to cling to power they do not deserve. Take advantage of the divided and weak Emirs to your east or take the fight directly to the murderers of Ibn Tumart, but move quickly. The end is coming.
- 法里布兹 科斯兰(Fariburz Kesranid)，希尔凡总督，1066：The Kesranids controlled their small and culturally prosperous Shahdom (Satrapy in-game) in what is now Azerbaijan for the duration of CK2, outliving the Seljuks and only being annexed by the Safavids 100 years into the timeframe of EUIV. They are available as the Yazidids in the Old Gods and Charlemagne bookmarks but are most interesting after 1066, by which time the Bedouin governors of Shirvan have become Persianised and started to glorify the pre-Islamic Persian past, tying it to their dynasty. The immediate goal is to be as much as a survivor as the real Kesranids and cling on against Seljuk and Christian onslaughts, but the long-term ambition is for this originally Arabian dynasty to supplant the Seljuks and create a truly Persian Persian Empire in its place.
Africa, Kingdom of
- Caliph al-Qaim, 936: Only two years have passed since al-Qaim took up the position of Caliph after the death of his father, the legendary al-Mahdi who carved out a nation at the shores of North Africa. With the weak Abbasid Caliphate having been shattered these last decades, the Fatimids are trying to take on their rightful positions as overlords of the Muslim world, but not all their vassals are as fond of them as they might think. Only a few years after our start Abu Yazid would start a revolt that would plunge the newly founded Caliphate into a crisis that almost broke it apart. And in the east, a new threat arises in the form of Al-Ikhshid, the newly appointed governor of Egypt who is ready to support the Abbasids.
- 侯赛因 伊本艾哈迈德 法蒂玛(Hussayn ibn Ahmed Fatimid)，大马士革埃米尔，867.1.1：It is not safe being an adherent of the Shi'at Ali (Party of Ali) at this time. You are currently a vassal under the Sunni Caliph Al- Mu'tazz, and also surrounded by other Sunni powers. Hussayn claims direct descent from the Prophet Muhammad himself, through the line of the Prophet's daughter Fatima and Ali ibn Abu Talib. The blood of the great Shia martyr Husayn ibn Ali flows through your veins as distant kin. How long will you let Al-Mu'tazz and the other pretenders usurp the Muslim community? It is time to unite the people once more under the family of the Prophet.
- 赛义夫丁 萨法维(Sayf-ad-Din Safavid)，吉兰酋长，1325：Centuries from now, your dynasty is destined to rise as the leaders of a reborn Persia, destined to claim much of its former glory. For now, though, you are the ruler of a small territory under the heavy rule of the Mongol invaders. Can you move carefully enough to build your power under the nose of the Khan and eventually claim your rightful place as the ruler of Persia?
- 兜兜 苏摩罗(Dodo Soomra)，苏摩罗摩诃罗阇，1068.1.1：was a ruler of Sindh. He was of Soomro Rajput origin. The Soomra dynasty ruled out the province of Sindh from 1024 to 1351. Their 1st ruler is named Al Khafif.
- 穆罕默德 纳卜哈尼(Muhammed Nabhanid)，阿曼埃米尔，1154.1.1：Sixty-four is rather old for a Bedouin rebel. Perhaps it is good that you no longer are one. The Seljuks have at last surrendered all of Oman to you, but with a lone son still not of age you might not be able to make too much of it. Should your line survive the attentions of the equally large Emirates on either side of you, the Sultanate of Arabia is a natural goal. Even then the Sunnis surrounding you should make for a tense and eventful game.
- 卡林 巴文德(Qarin Bavandid)，陀拔斯单贝伊，1066.9.15：One of the few landed Persians at the start of the game, and a member of the Bavandid dynasty, a cadet branch of the Sassanids of old. Try to usurp the Shahdom of Persia and convert it to Shia a few centuries early, or go for a long-overdue restoration of Zoroastrianism. His descendants hold Tabaristan until the end of the game, so you can go with any of them.
- 穆罕默德 卡勒卜(Muhammad Kalbid)，西西里埃米尔，1066.9.15：You're surrounded by infidels, but if you fend off the Sunni and conquer the Catholics then you can establish your Sultanate of Sicily right on the pope's doorstep.
- 埃米尔 希森 达乌拉 海达尔 优素福(Emir Hisn ad-Dawlah Haydar Yousifid)，大马士革埃米尔，1066: used in CKII GOTW
- Maintain Levantine culture
- Become independent from the Caliph
- Form the Kingdom of Syria with all de jure territory
- Form the Kingdom of Jerusalem with all de jure territory
- (This is impossible: only Christians can create the Kingdom of Jerusalem)
- Add 4 of the following de jure (all provinces) duchies to your nation: Sinai, Arabia, Baghdad, Mosul, Edessa, Armenia Minor, Cyprus
- 伊沙克 伊沙克(Ishaq Ishaqid)，巴勒贝克谢赫，1066.9.15：The northernmost vassalize of the Fatimid caliphate, and adherent of the Druze heresy (and one of the few rulers that is a Muslim heretic), playing him would be interesting, to say the least...
- 阿布 塔希尔 贾纳比(Abu Tahir Al Jannabi)，杨纳卜埃米尔，936.8.7：A new addition in the Iron Century Update, an adherent of the Qarmatian Heresy, (Shiite with Zoroastrian Elements) in Bahrayn (Eastern Arabia), in 930 he notoriously led the sacking of Mecca, desecrating Islam's most sacred sites and stealing the Black Stone. He died a normal death in 944, and his Empire would remain a great power in Arabia until their defeat by the Abbasids in 976. The Qarmatians would last until 1067 when they'd finally collapsed.
- 阿弗拉 鲁斯塔姆(Aflah Rustamid)，特莱姆森与阿尔及尔埃米尔，867：You are the Emir of Tlemcen and Alger, a Berber ruling over castles that don't even have a proper wall, let alone buildings, over a people half catholic and half heretic. You are an adherent of a Muslim sect that predates the Shia-Sunni schism, and represent the group of them that fled to North Africa. Your neighbours are the Sunni Aghlabid sultans of Africa to the East, the Shia Idrisid sultans of Mauretania, and to the North just across the sea, the Umayyads and Catholic Aquitaine. All of the above are more powerful than you, and they can all declare Holy War on you...
In the hands of the AI, this is usually the first realm and religion to die. Can you do better? Can you claim Mecca and Medina for your creed and establish your Caliphate?
- Chief Tilankan Massufa, 1066 and 1081. Starting as a ruler of kharijite berberan tribe in Sahara you are the only kharijite ruler in the whole world. In 1066 start, even ibady rulers are absent. Your family possesions are Araouane and Taghaza tribe provinces, and your liege is extremely powerful Almoravid ruler of Maghreb who considers you tribal heretic, and so can take away all your titles without penalties. Funny picture, right? It usually ends the same: loss of titles and game over. But as a player you can change this all!
At the 1066 start you have 2 important boons. Control over trade post in Taghaza will give your tribe extra money and money means mercenaries. Also your sister is wife of Almoravid sultan Abu Bakr, so while she or he are alive you have Non-Aggression pact with your suzerain. But it don't last long, Yusuf Almoravid - your liege's cousin is extremely powerful, and ussualy he take the Maghreban throne. But you have some time to prevent your future problems: you can enter into betrothal with Yusuf's family, and thas prolong your Non-Aggression pact with Almoravid ruler, or you can try to kill Yusuf, and so keep the throne for your sister and her family, and also, you can change your primary title from Araouane to Taghaza. Taghaza is de-jure posession of emirate of Sijilmasa, and soon Almoravid ruler will make you a vassal of more less poverful suzerain, which is really possible to defeat on the battlefield. Suppose that you secure your possessions. Then kharijite leader of Sahara have two main perspectives. You can move on the North, collecting and consolidating your demesne in attempt to overthrow Almoravid rule in Maghreb, and establish a truly righteous kharijite power in the region. Or you can move on the South, there pagan tribes awaiting their conversion to the true faith, and gold mines of Mali are waiting for its real owner. So the capture of the trans-Sahara trade ways and creating powerful kharijite base on the South can also be a solution. Gold mines are able to give extraordinary wealth to its owner and open the way to the broadest conquests. You also can go both of this ways, but be careful. Almoravids will not calmly watch how you push them away from power and resources. And do not forget about the importance of alliances. Conqest of the South by ally forces is pleasant and very convenient. Whichever way you choose, bring the kharijites to triumph and perhaps one day you will be able to lead the Caliphate, as do I in my game.
- 海斯泰因(Hæsteinn)，南斯堡（南特）与南茨酋长，867：used in CKII GOTW
- Unite Brittany under the Nordic banner
- Add 3 of the following duchies to your realm: Cornwall, Somerset, Normandy, Anjou, Poitou
- Add any 3 duchies from the de jure Kingdom of Ireland
- Add any two duchies from the de jure Empire of Hispania
- The Norse Faith must be Reformed
- All 5 Norse holy sites must be controlled by the religion
- Amass 25k in Gold
- Alternatively: Convert to Catholicism, become Norman, and invade England. Be Guillaume le Bâtard of this timeline.
- 霍姆格尔 哈默(Holmger Hammer)，霍姆格尔（勃艮达霍姆）酋长，867：Note, officially has the best dynasty name in the game
- 加达 斯瓦瓦松(Garðar Svavarsson)，东冰岛与北冰岛酋长，867 Note: Can one man (literally) build an empire?
- 底雷 “奇异者”(Dyre 'the Stranger')，科努加德（基辅）小型国王，867：As a Norse petty king, your targets for raiding are limited as you have no ports for your 30 event-spawned ships to head into, however when you do get a port, Crete, Cherson and Cyprus will make easy pickings. You have a son, a wife with high intrigue and you are a genius. But the vast lands of Russia and the Crimea (especially after the Magyars settle) are open for conquest, and there are many paths you could take.
- 赫罗杜尔夫 阿克拉(Hroðulfr Akra)，东弗里斯兰伯爵，867：You are the only Pagan vassal in the kingdom of Lotharingia. Your uncle, Hrorekr is, as the Duke of Holland, your liege. Hrorekr has betrayed The Old Gods already and is Catholic. They call you the black sheep of the family. Can you show them what you are worth?
- 留里克，霍姆加德（诺夫哥罗德）小型国王，867：Play the famed Varangian chieftain Rurik, and begin your journey to unite the Slavic lands of Rus under your dynasty. As a grounded Norse, your targets for raiding are hopelessly limited, and your son and heir has fallen sway to the Perun worshippers. But the vast lands of Russia and the Baltic are open for conquest, and there are many paths you could take. Will your dynasty stay true to your Nordic roots and unite your homeland, or will you or your descendants fall sway to the preachings of the Perun worshippers or even the Christ-God of Miklagarðr?
- 埃里克三世 “异教徒” 蒙索(Erik III 'the Heathen' af Munsö)，乌普兰公爵，1066.9.15：Starts with a claim on the Swedish throne and about half the kingdom as his vassals, so can usurp the throne with a little luck. Can you reconquer Scandinavia for Odin and Thor, or will you succumb to the Christian tides?
- 里库尔夫 伍尔夫(Rikulfr Ulfing)，东哥特兰酋长，867 - Note: Not Beowulf's dynasty, but a member of a dynasty who makes an appearance in the saga. Still, one of the only two Geatish dynasties in the game (along with House Gautske).
- 阿恩法斯特 菲勒(Arnfast Frille)，西博滕酋长，1270.1.1：You're a small Germanic Chief ruling over Catholics and flanked by Swedes in the south, and Suomenusko Finns in the North. You also happen to be the last Germanic ruler on the planet, can you restore the old gods to Scandinavia?
- 哈拉尔德 “金发” 英格林(Haraldr 'Fairhair' Yngling)，维肯小型国王，867：Play as Harald Fairhair Jarl of Ostlandet, he is considered to be the man who unified the Kingdoms of Norway into one. Take the challenge yourself and see if you can follow the sagas of the Norse king who would not shave his hair until he ruled over Norway.
- 明道加斯 格迪米纳斯(Mindaugas Gediminaitis)，立陶宛（公国）大酋长，1241.5.1 (Rise of the Hansa bookmark) Note: Frequent religion switcher, but Romuva in this bookmark. The first king of Lithuania. Murdered by his kinsman. Can you survive with enemies all around you?
In-game, he's quite possibly the strongest Romuva character until Lithuania becomes a kingdom. Ownership of five provinces is nothing to laugh at when you have warrior cult, and neighboring Pomeralia is ripe for the taking. On the other hand, you have a dangerous neighbor in the Holy Roman Empire and will likely border Denmark and Poland too before long, and if you get too big the Pope might call a crusade. Can you survive long enough to unify the pagans and their enormous warrior cults, form Pomerania (or Wends in CK2+) and resist the Northern Crusades?
- 皮雅斯特(Piast)，大波兰大酋长，867：The semi-legendary founder of the Polish state. Consolidate the Polish and Pomeranian tribes and then take the battle to the Romuva Balts to the east to form the Wendish Empire. Will you Christianize your people, or unite all the Slavs under a reformed pagan faith?
- 多布拉瓦 图罗夫(Dobrova Turov)，基辅女大酋长，769：This character wasn't historical, but she is a pretty hard start, although she can marry matrilineally. Any expansion will probably be tough, as your levies are smaller than virtually all of your neighbors'. As a side note, her chancellor begins as a Strong Beautiful Genius and is unmarried, making him a prime target for marriage even though he is Lowborn.
- 康拓益 威兹拉维(Krutoj Wizlawid)，奥博特里蒂亚（梅克伦堡）大酋长，1066：Usurped the throne after the last king (who starts in Lubeck) converted to Christianity. Historically avoided Christianity for his 27-year rule, until he was assassinated, and his state itself went back and forth between Christianity and paganism for nearly a century until being firmly Christianized and vassalized by larger realms. In-game, the ruler of Mecklenburg and Lubeck can form the Hansa and play as a merchant republic, the only Feudal ruler to normally be able to do so.
- 斯维托贝克二世 格里菲塔(Swietopelk II Gryfita)，波美拉尼亚大酋长，1106：A ruler who is both a first and a last: the first ruler of the Gryfita dynasty (aka Gryf or the "House of Griffins"), a dynasty in real life that'd rule Pomerania for the rest of the Middle Ages and go on to have the first king of the Kalmar Union. He is also, however, the last Slavic pagan ruler of the Duchy of Pomerania, and in 1106 one of only two playable Slavic pagan rulers left in the world. You have a paltry three counties, and three sons ready to split that realm amongst themselves. To the east are the Lithuanian tribes, to the south a powerful and unified Catholic Poland, the north the Baltic Sea (and more Catholic kingdoms), and to the west you have the only other surviving Slavic ruler (the three-county Chief of Dymin), the now Christian Tribe of Obotrites, and most terrifyingly of all the Holy Roman Empire. Do you follow history and accept Christ, and perhaps seek the HRE's protection against the large, hungry states that surround you? Or do you defy the Christians on the doorstep of their most powerful empire and fan the last smouldering embers of Slavic paganism?
- 那儿卡 马泰基(Mati Maataiki)原文：Nalka Läänemaa，无此人，利沃尼亚大酋长，867：Might be cool. Have a solid plan to consolidate your power or you'll be soon forced to contend with stronger rivals both to the East and South and even to the West across the sea. Will you unite the lands of Finland and become the true King of the North? Or will you find yourself lured into the endless power-struggles of the Norse-ruled East and make a bid for dominance? Will you perhaps subjugate the potentially rich coast of the Baltic and eradicate the false-pagans of Lithuania? Or are you going to carry out the Will of God and save your people from eternal damnation and join the Kaiser and his Schwertbrüder in His noble quest to bring Light to these darkest reaches of the World? Or perhaps the promise of bountiful gold instead of naive ideals will bring you to control the trade of the Western Sea and beyond? As Livonia stands at the crossroads between East and West on the edge of the North, so will you have many paths to walk down and claim your destiny from. Choose wisely and don't forget to bang your attractive genius cousin on the way to glory.
- 埃努 库雷萨鲁(Enu Kuressaaru)原文：Chief Varaka Kask，无此人 ，萨雷玛酋长，1066：A difficult start. You start with no one in your family except you. A great start for those that like to establish their unique dynasty. Your first objective is to seize control of the High Chiefdom of Livonia. From there you can decide between two paths. You can push upwards and conquer your de jure lands that make up the Kingdom of Finland, or you can push south and bend the Romuvans, Russians, and Khans to their knees so that you establish an Estonian Russia. Either way, there are many difficulties you shall face. If you choose Finland, be warned that the Christian Norse Kingdoms shall not be pleased with your expansion. If you decide you wish to stay Suomenusko, you will face many Holy Wars for your land. Stay vigilant and bring House Kask to glory!
- 韦奇卡斯 梅舍拉夫(Vechkas Meshcheravid)，梅晓拉大酋长，867：Leader of the dwindling and displaced Meshchera people, your title is actually the High Chiefdom of Ryazan, the traditional homeland of your tribe, but by now they have been completely displaced northwards by Slavic Russians, as the titular High Chiefdom of Pronsk. Your Mordvin neighbors are the Merya and Murom tribes, natural allies, but are they? Otherwise, you are sandwiched between Pronsk and the much larger High Chiefdom of Polotsk, also Slavic and Russian. Your lands are four counties, none of them in your de jure land. One is in de jure Murom, two in de jure Vladimir, and the last is Moscow itself. Typically the game will begin with Pronsk declaring a subjugation war against Murom, who will most definitely lose without assistance (but perhaps it is better them than you?) Pronsk is a tributary of Khazaria, so attacking them directly might cause rampaging hordes to appear on your doorstep. Can you prevent the historical extinction and assimilation of your people? Can you keep Moscow out of Russian hands?
- 巴哈图尔 洪扎哈尔(Baghatur Khunzakhal)，佩斯大酋长，867：Your lands are the last remnant of the Avar Khaganate, the most feared power in the region some 200 years earlier. Reduced to a mere vassal of the Christian Bulgars, you can take advantage of the Magyar invasion to secure your independence. Then outrace and outfight the new invaders to dominate the Pannonian Basin and reform the Khaganate.
- 克鲁姆 咄陆(Krum Dulo)，卡尔武纳大酋长，769：You are a Tengri vassal of your kinsman, the khan of Bulgaria. It is said that in 811, the Byzantine Emperor Nikephoros I was slain in battle by Krum, who lined his skull with silver and used it as a drinking cup. Nikephoros was succeeded by his son, who was forced to abdicate by Krum after a very short reign. The next emperor, Michael I, was the third Byzantine emperor forced to abdicate or killed by Krum in three years: he invaded Bulgaria but was defeated in a battle. You are in a good position to gain independence from your liege, and you have a good opportunity to expand north, as the high chief of Bolghar is a member of your dynasty. You also have great stats, especially your military score.
- 布里贝第 尊巴兰尼(Buriberdi Zmbalani)，阿兰尼亚可汗，769：You are an Alan, a subgroup of Sarmatians, and the last of the Scythians, once the rulers of the vast majority of the Eurasian steppe. Scythians and other Iranian steppe peoples have long been pushed backwards by Turkic and Mongol tribes. You are now one of the smallest tribes on the steppes and a tributary of the Khazars. Will you continue running, or change the tides, and push the Turko-Mongol invaders back into East Asia?
- 成吉思汗(Genghis Khan)，大蒙古国可汗，1218.1.1：The greatest conqueror who ever lived. By this point, he's already unified the Mongols and conquered lands not on the map, along with much of Khwarezm and Aktobe. Starts with four attrition-free tumans (40,000 men) and a free invasion CB on everyone. 26 military score and his other stats aren't bad either. Easiest game to expand as, but matching the amazing conquests he and his successors pulled off historically before the horde settles down can be quite a challenge, as is holding such a vast empire together with Ultimogeniture succession. If you truly want to replicate his conquests from the beginning, he begins as a Khan in Mongolia, beginning in 1194.
- 恰卡 孛儿只斤(Chaka Borjigin)，保加利亚汗王，1297-8：Only Mongolian ruler of Bulgaria and a descendant of Genghis Khan. Historically he was deposed and murdered in prison. Can you do better?
- 如没拂达 樽比勒(Jimofuta Zunbil)，社护罗萨他那总督，769：Wedged in between the Abbasid Blob to the south-west, Abbasid tributaries to the west, just south of nomad hordes, and with Hindu nations on the rise to your east, as the only Zunist realm you just know it's going to be an interesting game! At least there are some weak Buddhist realms you can conquer if they don't call in their holy order.
- 索克哈比 巴文德(Sorkhab Bavandid)，陀拔斯单总督，769：Your family are descendants of Shahanshah Kavadh I. After the Dabuyid dynasty was defeated, you inherited their lands, the last independent remnant of the Sassanid Empire. You are an old man so it's important to act quickly, for the Muslim Caliph is also nearing the end of his life. Soon the Mohammedans will fight each other for the right to lead the "faithful". Secure enough territory for your family and your heir could well become shah, eclipsing the achievements of Farrakhan the Great and the Dabuyids. After that, it is time for the rightful heirs of the Sassanid dynasty to reclaim their empire.
- 迦那迦 胡大(Kanakk Khuda)，布哈拉马尔佐班，867：Your family has held the glorious town of Bukhara for centuries, resisting Muslim onslaught and keeping the flame of Zoroaster alive. Now you are ruled by Samanids of Khiva who want to seize your lands. Can you avoid your fate and reclaim Transoxania for Zoroaster?
- 罗斯塔姆 巴文德(Rostam Bavandid)，陀拔斯单谢赫，867：A Zoroastrian count that starts as a vassal of a Shia ruler in the mountainous region of northern Persia. Rostam starts with two counties in his demesne, which makes him twice as big as the neighboring Justanids, but sadly he is lacking any event army. Even if he can overthrow his liege, he is stuck between the regional Muslim powers. Can you make him rise to power, drive out the Mohammedans and lead the Persian Empire to a new golden age?
- 瓦苏丹 吉斯丹(Wahsudan Justanid)，吉兰马尔佐班，867：Starts right next to the Caliphate, so even with his meagre event troops, survival will be a struggle. Still, the weak Alavids are right next door, and you can always try to swear fealty to the Caliphate and destroy it from within. According to legend, it was Wahsudan who built the future Hashshashin stronghold of Alamut.
- 哈希姆 穆盖纳尔(Hashem Muqannid)，珂咄罗谢赫，769：Al-Muqanna was a self-declared prophet who created a new religion mixing Zoroastrianism & Islam and then rebelled against the Abbasid caliphate. What's more, he was a chemist who blew half of his face off and thus went around veiled, adding to his mysterious nature. While real Muqanna was defeated and took his own life, perhaps you can fare better against the Muslim armies?
- 凯库斯老 达拉乌特(Keykhosraw Daroot)，播密马尔佐班，867：The only independent Khurmazta ruler in the game you have a single province high in the mountains as a tributary of the Samanids which offers you a degree of protection. However, this will not help you against your most immediate threat your fellow Samanid tributary the Banijurid's to whom you are the only available target for expansion. Surviving a war against them will require a lot of luck and good timing, hopefully, you will be in a good enough position to return the favor once you have defended yourself. Once you have done that Kashmir and the world is your oyster, do you push west and restore the Persian Empire or do you stay in the mountains and expand eastward.
- 大卫一世 基甸(Dawit I Gideon)，塞米恩公爵，867
- 大卫二世 基甸(Dawit II Gideon)，阿克苏姆小型国王，1066
- 以撒 多阿嫩(Isaac Doganin)，阿得可汗，1066
- 玛拿西二世 布兰(Manasseh II Bulanid)，可萨利亚可汗，867
- Saad Mordechai当前1291.1.1的巴格达大酋长不是此人, High Chief of Baghdad, 1 Jan. 1291: Court physician and steward in the court of Arghun Khan, Khagan of the Ilkhanate. Starting as a secret Jew, see how far you can go whether you choose to embrace Judaism or not.
al-Gassani, Republic of
- Paltoi Yeshayahu, Patrician, 7 Aug. 936: The only Jewish Merchant Republic start.
- 卡拉 沙希(Kallar Shahi)，迦布罗总督，867：Bordered by Muslim nations it could become difficult quickly enough. It’s an interesting character to play Indian, but outside of India. The Shahis are possibly also descendants of the Hephthalites.
- 罗摩笈多 笈多(Ramagupta Gupta)，僧摩罗摩城与弥梯罗他俱罗，769：Can you re-establish the Gupta dynasty as the dominant power of India? You have a claim to a kingdom title held by your liege and road is hard but you can do it!
- 诃利诃罗 桑迦摩(Harihara Sangama)，德干帝国圣王，1337：The founder of the Vijayanagara Empire, an empire that originated as a direct response to the aggression of the Tughluqs. Only two decades after the foundation of the Empire, he managed to get control over a big part of South India and fend off the Tughluqs until the empire disintegrated after 1388. In-game, you start very small with a big Tughluq Sultanate to the North of you.
- 楼陀罗摩提毗 迦迦底耶(Rudramadevi Kakatiya)，1259：Yep, she's playable! But you need to start as her dad, who will die soon afterwards and has no other heirs. This is because, after 1259, Rudrama Devi has a non-dynastic son.
- 牴多(Didda)，迦湿弥罗女王，980-1002：You have to edit defines.txt (.lua?) to play as her, but I imagine she's worth it.
- 阇耶比荼 羯拘吒(Jayapida Karkota)，五河摩诃罗阇，769：Not long before the 769 start date his ancestors controlled much of northern India but in 769 he's just in control of the northern province of Kasmira and a few much stronger vassals in Punjab. From this position, the historical Jayapida managed to reclaim much of the old empire, including the great prize of the imperial city of Kannauj before it was all lost again.
- 托拉马纳 匈那(Toramana Hunas)，慕诃陀婆娑迦他俱罗，769：You are the last remnant of the White Huns also known as the Hephthalite Empire, a nomadic confederation that helped in the collapsing of the Gupta Empire. You hold the southern tip of what was once the Empire's land, under a powerful liege whose culture is foreign to you. Can you grow from your meagre start into a force to be reckoned with and re-establish the old empire?
- 毕哩体微罗阇 招汉(Prithviraj Chauhan)，罗阇弗多那摩诃罗阇，1177：An important character in Indian folklore, until this day. He managed to forge a legendary alliance and fended off the Islamic general Ghori in 1191 during the first battle of Tarain. The second battle of Tarain in 1192, however, was lost by Chauhan, which led to his execution.
Note: All historical Khitan and Han characters are written in their better known Han Pin-yin names as opposed to names that appear in Mongolian or other regional sources.
- 尼哈勒 凯坎尼(Nihaal Kaikanite)，卡拉特马尔佐班，769: A small and almost lonely afghan Buddhist country, surrounded by Abbasids, Zunists and not-so-weak Sunni states. Against all odds, could you survive and become the Shah? Or maybe the first ruler of united India will be of house Kaikanite?
- 辽洪基（耶律洪基）(Liao Hongji (Yelu Hongji))，辽可汗，1066：the Emperor Daozong of the Khitan Liao Dynasty of Northern China. However, his "last name" should be Yelu. Since the late 10th century the Khitan hordes have relentlessly expanded in all directions before settling down and Sinicizing, their realm stretching from the Tarim basin to near modern Korea. Such is their ferocity and might, that centuries later with the advent of the Mongol hordes, their names still exist in Slavic records as the legendary... Cathay! Historically, the waning of the Khitans began with Hongji's ill-fated yet long reign, whose senility included oppressive measures to vassal clans, murdering his respected Crown Prince and all that jazz... Of course, eventually he repented and installed his 2-year old grandson as heir, but alas, it was too late. A lack of proper education for the heir and continued policies eventually caused the much-oppressed vassal Jurchen Wanyan clan to rise in rebellion and shattered the Liao Empire under his grandson's reign. The legacy of the once glorious Liao only exists in the exodus embarked by the Khara-Khitans...
Yet however, you, have the power to prevent all of this. Manage your vassal relations (especially with the Wanyan), educate your heir, and conquer, conquer and conquer! There will be no Jurchen uprising, there will be no Mongol yoke, there will be no need for the Khara-Khitans...There will only be the one and only Khagan of Cathay! Let the Empire of Liao truly spread their villainous name from Ireland to Cathay!
- 增基晋美(Zenji Jigme)，布姆唐阿波，1066：You are Zenji Jigme, an almost totally unremarkable person, but you have a great legacy behind you, Bhutan is a realm that has never relinquished its sovereignty (Historians are somewhat split over whether Bhutan was subject to the Tibetan Empire, paradox take the view that they were), 230 years ago, all of Bhutan was under your dynasty, but now, you only hold the eastern half of the country, can you keep Bhutan independent, surrounded by larger neighbours a Buddhist realm with a constant de jure claim on your lands, and a Hindu kingdom, thought with monastic feudalism as a government type, this daunting task is less of a tall order, for a challenge, try converting to Nestorianism by marrying into the family of the count of Charkliq, and establish a Christian outpost in a sea of heretics.
- 嵬名谅祚(Weiming Liangzuo)，西夏国王, 1066：Historically, Liangzuo (Emperor Yizhong) came of age amid a bloody internal struggle between pro-Chinese courtiers and courtiers who favored a more militaristic steppe society. His abrupt death in 1067, leaving only his young son Bingchang, immediately returned Xi Xia to another one. As de jure King of Xia, you start only controlling the Duchy of Jiuquan. Jiuquan is very rich (the game's way of representing the off-map half of the historical Xi Xia kingdom), but you will need to accumulate prestige rapidly to press your claims on the Tangut duchies to the south. U-Tsang will expand north rapidly and shares a dynasty with Guge, so your short-term goal should be to prevent their union by any means necessary while taking enough territory to block anyone else from forming the Tibetan Empire. By keeping your dynasty stable (and hopefully passing on your Quick trait), your holdings can be developed enough to invade China or even reverse the historical fall of Xi Xia and snuff the Mongolian invasions in their infancy.
- 阿牟伽伐里沙 罗湿陀罗拘陀(Amoghavarsha Rashtrakuta)，罗湿陀罗拘陀摩诃罗阇，867：the 6th and greatest ruler of the Rashtrakuta dynasty, a scholar and a poet who devoted himself to the pacifistic nature of his religion. Already an old man will you continue his legacy as his successors of a cultural powerhouse expanding only through marriage or will you form a lasting Jain empire across all of India by the sword?
- 鸠摩罗波罗 苏楞吉(Kumarapala Solanki)，苏楞吉摩诃罗阇，1160：Considered to be the last great royal patron of the Jain religion by later Jain scholars he was a warlike Hindu in his youth who conquered many surrounding realms but by 1160 in-game he has converted to Jainism and given up much of his earlier conquests. Legends have it that the Jain Gods preserved his rule against would-be conquerors who thought they could exploit his pacifism The rest of his family is Hindu but all the provinces of his realm are Jain and most of his subjects will like him enough to convert if asked and bribed with gold. Will you preserve Jain in an age where the subcontinent is increasingly divided between Hinduism and Islam and show would-be invaders that pacifism does not make you weak? He is available from 1143 but does not convert to Jain until January 1 1160, if you want to start as him at the height of his power in 1159 he still controls much of a neighboring Malwa. He rules until his death in 1172.
- 周鼎(Zhou Ding)，酒泉/安西伯爵，769：河西走廊的控制权落入吐蕃人之手，这区域切断了中原和西域都护府的联系。这种情况被模拟为大量对吐蕃领土的宣称。然而，卡在两个强权之间的你，重夺失地看起来近乎不可能。
- 张议潮(Zhang Yichao)，酒泉公爵，867：张议潮率军重夺河西走廊并使其重归大唐王朝。酒泉公国足够富庶但你的扩张之路被几个强大的领主阻挡。有足够的雄心壮志，你依然可以将整个塔里木重新收入囊中，永远不停地向前扩张中国到达之地。
- 博茨泰因 斯腾屈尔卡(Botstain af Stenkyrka)，维斯比大市长，1066: This titular republic is based on the island of Gotland, off the coast of Sweden. This is easily one of the more profitable positions on the map. While expanding in Finland may be relatively pointless, the rich fields of Germany, Frisia, France and England all beckon. With the nearest competition in Genoa, you certainly have the upper hand. But be warned! Should Erik "the Heathen" take control of Sweden, you will very quickly be eliminated, or forced to convert, which would undoubtedly be fun. Also, watch out for the other patrician families as they haven't taken kindly to such a young man being elected Grand Mayor.
This merchant league exists in northern Germany from 1227 on. Can also form by event any time after 1170, if the HRE still controls northern Germany and the emperor allows its creation.
- 杰拉尔多 维斯孔蒂(Gerardo I Visconti)，比萨尊贵总督，1081：used in GOTW
- Eliminate all Republics in the Mediterranean other than yourself
- Claim 2 of the following with all de jure territory: Mallorca, Kabyllia, Tunis, Tripolitania
- Add the de jure duchies of Sicily, Calabria, Achaia, and Krete to your nation.
- Form the Latin Empire.
- Drive the Turks out of the de jure Kingdoms of Greece and Anatolia.
- 恩里克 丹多洛(Enrico Dandolo)，威尼斯尊贵总督，1192 - 1205：The nonagenarian, blind Doge that diverted the Fourth Crusade to Constantinople, and refused the crown of the Latin Empire as it would violate Venice's constitution. You can do no such thing in-game, but you can still feel free to be a sneaky, profit-minded jerk while wearing your "Crusader" trait proudly, and of course, there's nothing to stop you from founding the Latin Republic. That blind ninety-year-old man fought at the sack of Constantinople. And won. Eat your heart out, John the Blind.
This titular republic operates from the grand city of Amalfi in Sicily. It is a vassal of the Byzantine Empire in 751, independent in 839, and destroyed in 1060. It has the easiest access to Africa of the Italian republics. It is also one of the most vulnerable, as its only county is a de jure vassal of the Duke of Salerno.
Load up as their top-level liege, land them, save and switch characters when re-loading.
- 约翰 安德森(Johan Andersson)，耶恩贝拉兰廷臣，1066.9.15：Landless courtier in Sweden, like most of Paradox's staff. Always a Grey Eminence, so you can usually see him as a chancellor to Chief Tjudmund. He's only available on the original earliest possible start date (1066), like all of the Paradox staff.
- 格里菲德 阿伯弗劳(Gruffydd Aberffraw)，佩菲杜拉德廷臣？原文为都柏林，但3.2.1版本中位于佩菲杜拉德，1066.9.15：11-year-old prince-in-exile in the county of Dublin. Start as the count, build your base until you can restore the boy's claim in Wales, then play on as the Aberffraw clan.
- 托斯蒂格 戈德温(Tostig of Godwin)，挪威廷臣，1066.9.15：The brother of Harold Godwinson, and the one who convinced Hardrade to invade England even as William of Normandy planned to do so as well. He, according to legend, won over the court of Harald Hardrade, and even lead the Vikings against the Saxons at the battle of Stamford Bridge where he died. Why not land him? I hear that Faroyar is nice this time of year... Keep the Godwinsons going strong, even if England falls to the Ynglings or de Normandies!
- 谢切赫 托波尔(Sieciech Topor)，波兰廷臣，1066-1094: Historically he managed to gain influence by exiling king Boleslaw the Bold (and poisoning his son Mieszko) and taking advantage of his liege Wladyslaw I Herman (who is "Infirm" in the game), even becoming his queen's lover. He was considered the de facto ruler of Poland and continuously tried to gain the throne through intrigue. he is also credited with conquering Pomeralia. Eventually, he was defeated in a civil war, exiled and blinded by the sons of Wladyslaw in 1100.
- 爱德加 威塞克斯(Eadgar of Wessex)，英格兰廷臣，1066.9.15：You thought Harold was hard? Try playing as the rightful king. This unlucky teenager is the last male member of the English royal family, whose rightful throne is contested by not one, not two, but three different usurpers, all of them far more powerful than he could hope to be. All you have to work with is 2 unmarried sisters and a strong claim on England. Can you restore the house of Wessex to its rightful throne? Alternatively, play from the court of the Byzantine Basileus in 1099. With the HIP mod, Eadgar starts as ealdorman of Oxford from 1066; his historical compensation for losing the throne to Harold Godwinson.
- 埃尔夫万 克尼特林(Ælfwine Knytling)，图卢兹廷臣，1066：You are the last surviving descendant of Canute the Great, who ruled over Denmark, Norway and England. Quite the legacy for a lowly Saxon courtier deep in the middle of southern France. You start with a strong claim on the throne of England but with no realistic way to press it, you must be patient. Start by giving Aelfwine a county in your area of choice and take it from there. Can you restore your house to the throne of England? Or maybe even restore your ancestor's great realm?
- 佩德罗 德 勃艮第(Pedro de Bourgogne)，葡萄牙廷臣（王子），百年战争开局（1337）：You are the heir to the throne of Portugal, but that is not why history will remember you. Pedro fell in love with Inês de Castro, the bastard daughter of the duke of Galicia and hardly a suitable match for the heir of a kingdom. Still, the two could not be kept apart, which forced his father, King Afonso IV, to have the young woman murdered. This action was enough to cause Pedro to declare war on his father and while defeated, the timely death of the king still gave the crown to Pedro, who settled for hunting down the murderers, torturing them to death (which involved Pedro ripping their hearts out with his bare hands) and as a (somewhat legendary) final act of defiance, having the body of his beloved dug up and forcing the whole court to swear fealty to Inês as queen of Portugal. Can you right this historical wrong, unite these two love birds and lead their descendants to even greater glory?
- 奥马尔 海亚姆(Omar Khayyam)，塔什库尔干廷臣，1066：Historical Omar Khayyam, even though his stats are somewhat mediocre, created a dynasty of hedonistic mathematician-poets.
- 赫罗尔夫 德 诺曼底(Hrolfr de Normandie)，尼达罗斯廷臣，867：A famous Viking warrior and the great-great-great-grandfather of William the Conqueror. Historically, he settled in Normandy and founded the dynasty that would one day take the throne of England. The character Rollo in the History Channel television show  is based on Hrolfr. Start as Hrörekr of Holland, give Hrolfr some land, play on as him and see if you can re-create history! Alternatively, start as Harald Fairhair in Akershus, Ostlandet and invite him to court (gift necessary) to establish an in-game relationship between Hrolfr and Harald as happened historically.
- 乌赫特雷德 巴本堡(Uhtred of Bebbanburg)，西兰廷臣（通常是军事总管或指挥官），867：Legendary (i.e., semi-fictional) protagonist of the BBC television show Last Kingdom, adapted from the Stories novel series by Cornwell. Historically, the Bold was of all Northumbria from 1006 to 1016, while this  was an ealdorman in Derbyshire (aka Derby in-game) in the 10th century.
- 达德米赫尔 胡尔希德扎德(Dadmihr Khursidzade)，769：Appearing in random court in 769, you are descendant of last independent Zoroastrian ruler in Persia and oldest member of Dabuyid dynasty. While you have been educated as Sunni, your sympathies are still with Zoroastrians who suffer under the yoke of Mohammettans. Can you restore your dynasty to glory and as a true heir to Sassanid dynasty, take back that what rightfully belongs to you?
- 提奥德里克 德 墨洛温(Theodoric de Merohingi)，769：Appearing in the court of the Count of Rouen, you are the last living Merovingian. After your father Childeric III was deposed by the Caroligians, you've been forced to become a monk an abbey in Normandy. Land him a city or a bishopric to remove its monk trait before landing him a county. Or press his claim on the throne with a powerful Duke, it will remove it as well (and make him king). Will you be able to get rid of those perfidious Karlings and make the Merovingian dynasty last a thousand years?
- 维尔纳 萨利安(Werner Salian)，769：Starts in the court of Carcassonne as the son of Lambert Guideshi. Land him early and start the Salian Dynasty hundreds of years before their historic rise to power.
- 锡卡尔 西卡尔(Sicard Sicard)，769：Father of of Benevento.
- 西科 西卡尔(Sico Sicard),769
- Republic of Wales: Start from December 1066 as William the Conqueror, play it out and give the mayor of Cornwall the duchy of Cornwall, or otherwise any mayor a duchy, thus republic is made.
|This page is based on forum.paradoxplaza.com, with generalolaf's permission.|