A Court Physician is responsible for treating diseases in their liege's court. It is one of the most important honorary titles. Recruiting or appointing a Court Physician requires The Reaper's Due DLC.
Court physicians are more likely to treat diseases successfully if they are highly skilled and have high opinion of the patient. Before seeking treatment, it may be wise to bestow them gifts and additional honorary titles. It is harder to ensure they like your family, but it helps if they're the same culture/religion/dynasty. Court Physicians also have a chance of removing the trait from newborns, or give the newborn some health to increase chances of survival.
When a character gains their first symptom, the court physician will begin treating the symptoms and suggest a preliminary diagnosis.
The best symptom treatment restores up to 2 health and 2 of every skill. Treatments cannot improve your attributes beyond negating the penalties from disease, but the tooltips do not make this clear.
Good treatments last 2 years (5 years for Cancer, Gout, or Syphilitic). Bad treatments last 1 year. Neutral treatments, shown above as "0", merely prevent seeking treatment again for a short time.
- 1.44x 病人是 或者
- 1.44x 医生的学习能力: 10, 15, 20, 25
- 1.2x 医生有 trait
- 1.2x physician_good_trigger:
- 在犹太宗教组中 Israelite religion group ,
- 或者有以下特质 (, , , , , )
- 1.2x 对你的好感: -75, -50, -25, 0 (twice), 25, 50, 75
Drastic experimental treatment
If the patient selects experimental treatment, there's an additional check for whether the physician attempts a "drastic" treatment. A drastic treatment means paying a high cost for significantly better health odds. That cost means a random selection from: , , , , , or . Except for the first two, they also come with the trait for 100–400 days, with a 70% chance of resolving well and a 30% chance of getting an .
Experimental+drastic treatment is recommended for deadly diseases such as . It is not recommended if becoming an eunuch would end your game. However, once you start aiming for drastic treatments, you might as well continue until cured, because does not stack.
The mystic treatment option has a large number of different outcomes. Aside from varying in terms of effectiveness, it will have some other impact - usually granting the patient some trait, although sometimes the physician or one of the patient's children might be killed instead. These outcomes are almost always negative. Mystic treatments are thus generally not recommended, aside from possibly in the case of severe diseases when experimental treatments are not an option (such as if the patient is craven).
- Use the Seduction focus to have a large family.
- Consider sending unimportant family members to diseased provinces.
- Requires a demesne province has a hospital that has been upgraded with a Library, Pharmacology Laboratory, or Medical Academy. The first of these to become available is the library, with the technology Construction III.
- Smart and physicians are most likely to have the best outcome, which adds the trait.
- and physicians are also likely to do well.
- Physician asks you to invest 20% of yearly income (minimum 20 wealth)
- Physicians who are Smart , have high learning skill, and match physician_good_trigger are more likely to succeed.